Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Storage array question
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Storage array question Post 32422 by MizzGail on Monday 25th of November 2002 03:25:51 PM
Old 11-25-2002
Question

What type of database?
We had informix on a raid5 set and performance was very poor. we mirrored our disks and make sure they were not on the same bus.
seemed to help.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

storage array simulator

hi i haven't much experience in solaris. I would like to know about storage. how to configure,how it is working etc....can i get any simulator for doing these work? plaese send me the link . please help me advance thanks to all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Shared Storage Array is DEGRADED

Hi, On my X4200 Galaxy cluster, when i plugged out the both cables of Controller A (connected to Node 1 and Node2) , status of registered array became "Degraded". After plugging -in the cables , i should get the status of array as "OK" but i am not getting the status OK. I am using CAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksharma
2 Replies

3. Solaris

A1000 Disk storage array

I am new to the unix world. I have SunBlade 100 and A1000 Disk storage array with 12 Hard drives. I used SCSI card and SCSI cables to connect. When I do the format command,I can see disk storage as one disk instead of 12 disks as below. Could anybody can explain why? What should I do in order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dulasi
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP Storage Array

hi I need to check status and configure HP Storage Array device. HP Storageworks P2000 Please suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Storage Array not readable

Hi We have an array connected to the machine but when i issue format command i dont see it. But the array is up and running and there are no warning lights. Is there a way to find that array from the OK boot prompt? Please advise. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
9 Replies

6. AIX

Migrating LUNs to new storage array

All, I have a AIX server with multiple volumes and I need to move them from a legacy storage SAN to a new SAN. We are concerned because to use mirrorvg as we would have to run on a single HBA (one on the old SAN and one on the new). Our other option is to use an appliance to do a block... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkchicago
3 Replies
PDO_INFORMIX-DSN(3)							 1						       PDO_INFORMIX-DSN(3)

PDO_INFORMIX DSN - Connecting to Informix databases

The  PDO_INFORMIX  Data Source Name (DSN) is based on the Informix ODBC DSN string. Details on configuring an Informix ODBC DSN are avail-
       able from the Informix Dynamic Server Information Center. The major components of the PDO_INFORMIX DSN are:

o DSN prefix
		- The DSN prefix is informix:.

o DSN
		- The DSN can be either a data source setup using odbc.ini or a complete connection string.

Example #1

PDO_INFORMIX DSN example using odbc.ini

The following example shows a PDO_INFORMIX DSN for connecting to an Informix database cataloged as Infdrv33 in odbc.ini:

$db = new PDO("informix:DSN=Infdrv33", "", "");

[ODBC Data Sources]
	      Infdrv33=INFORMIX 3.3 32-BIT

[Infdrv33]
	      Driver=/opt/informix/csdk_2.81.UC1G2/lib/cli/iclis09b.so
	      Description=INFORMIX 3.3 32-BIT
	      Database=common_db
	      LogonID=testuser
	      pwd=testpass
	      Servername=ids_server
	      DB_LOCALE=en_US.819
	      OPTIMIZEAUTOCOMMIT=1
	      ENABLESCROLLABLECURSORS=1

Example #2

PDO_INFORMIX DSN example using a connection string

The following example shows a PDO_INFORMIX DSN for connecting to an Informix database named common_db using the Informix connection
	      string syntax.

$db = new PDO("informix:host=host.domain.com; service=9800;
		  database=common_db; server=ids_server; protocol=onsoctcp;
		  EnableScrollableCursors=1", "testuser", "tespass");

PHP Documentation Group 												       PDO_INFORMIX-DSN(3)