Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get back my linux gui mode? Post 32325 by Vishnu on Friday 22nd of November 2002 09:18:35 AM
Old 11-22-2002
thanks a lot PxT, but alas I grew imapatient - backed up and re-installed my RHL 7.3, and it has taken care of every thing... also it nicely preserved my xp partition...

now I'm doing a research as to why it happened... and also studying the usage of x11 commands including the one you suggested...

Thanks again!
Vishnu.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Startup AIX in GUI or text mode

Can I know is there anyone know how to statup AIX in GUI and text mode? Thank You..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix autostart in GUI mode

hi, i'm a newbie in UNIX. i have a disk crash and re-install the unix. But the new installation does not boot the server automatically. Then i set the auto-boot to true, and it's ok. But now the system is booting in text mode. Before this, when i type boot, the system is booting in GUI mode.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwll
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to switch from GUI to text mode?

Hi all I have installed solaris 5.10 and it is loading in GUI mode by default. I want to load in text mode by default. How to do this? How to switch from GUI to text mode and vise versa.? Please help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris in GUI mode

Hi we work on solaris machines and access them in Command line mode using telnet services. Can they be accessed in GUI mode. If yes please advice as I have came to know that Solaris 9.0 supports GUI mode also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukhvinder_Tm
1 Replies

5. Hardware

How to go to GUI from text mode?

Dear All, i am trying to install the redhat linux using graphical mode...but it stucks while probing video card...i have installed linux using text mode it works fine and whole the installation goes fine. after installation if i give startx command it again stucks....looks like a vga card... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheer.gr8
9 Replies

6. Solaris

how to enable GUI mode in solaris

I just installed Solaris 10 in my pc with dafault installtion. When I tried login to it first time , it took me directly to console mode When issuing the command svcs it didn't returned any fmri related to gui. find the attached snapshot for the list of fmri. Installing the fmri ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode : I want to login solaris server in GUI mode from # prompt. ---------- Post updated 12-30-11 at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-29-11 at 02:23 PM ---------- Hi, Please send me some guidelines regarding this.... as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to login into GUI mode.

hii all, I am unable to login into GUI mode in solaris 10. It is only prompting me to command mode credentials not going further to GUI mode.. Please help.. Thanks & regards, Bhagi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
3 Replies

9. Fedora

[SOLVED] How to be the ROOT through GUI mode in fedora 15

Whenevr i am trying to access ROOT file in Fedora 15 by double clicking, its showing I dont have enough permission to access it and its not showing the inside access... How to solve it?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
4 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
fslint-gui(1)							   User Commands						     fslint-gui(1)

NAME
fslint-gui - A GUI wrapper for the individual fslint command line tools SYNOPSIS
fslint-gui [OPTIONS] [PATHS] DESCRIPTION
fslint is a toolset to find various problems with filesystems, including duplicate files and problematic filenames etc. Individual command line tools are available in addition to the GUI and to access them, one can change to, or add to $PATH the /usr/share/fslint/fslint directory on a standard install. Each of these commands in that directory have a --help option which further details its parameters. findup - find DUPlicate files findnl - find Name Lint (problems with filenames) findu8 - find filenames with invalid utf8 encoding findbl - find Bad Links (various problems with symlinks) findsn - find Same Name (problems with clashing names) finded - find Empty Directories findid - find files with dead user IDs findns - find Non Stripped executables findrs - find Redundant Whitespace in files findtf - find Temporary Files findul - find possibly Unused Libraries zipdir - Reclaim wasted space in ext2 directory entries PARAMETERS
If [PATHS] are specified, they become the default search path, otherwise the current directory becomes the default. --version Display the fslint version and exit --help Display help for tool specific options AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <P@draigBrady.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Padraig Brady <P@draigBrady.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details, which is available at www.gnu.org fslint July 2009 fslint-gui(1)