Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 111.22.31.123:1554, port 1554 defined where? Post 32312 by yls177 on Thursday 21st of November 2002 05:47:16 PM
Old 11-21-2002
netstat -an | grep 1554 gives me the below

tcp4 0 0 *.1580 *.* LISTEN

and from your reply, i gather the following:

1) server ports are mapped in /etc/services?

2) where is the client port defined?

3) from the output, this 1580 port is a listening port then?

thanks!
yls177

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

port 111

hi if i do a portscan on my fbsd box, i got one port that i don't want to see it open that's port 111, sunrpc, how can i close it? and also my-sql port 1433 and port 1523 (cichild-lm) tnx for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
6 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sparc11 or 111?

How can I check the architecture version on a sun box? So far I've tried; arch -k which gives sun4u and uname -a which gives SunOS <hostname> 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 but nothing which definitively states sparc11 or 111 - any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to make 1 2 3 into 123

suppose u have a file ABC ADFA AFAF AGBA AHHAH AJJA AJKA AJAJ AJAJA AJAJAJ AHAB AAAJ AJAJA AKK AJAJAA means gaps have to replaced and see also there will be gaps so output shud be ABCADFAAFAFAGBAAHHAHAJJAAJKAAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAHABAAAJJAJAAKKAJAJAA Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment ABC-123 by 1!!

in a shell script, i hav a variable declared as "ABC-123". i want to incriment th value ABC-123 by 1 so that the result will be ABC-124. Can anyone suggest a solution in shell scripting.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
APLAYMIDI(1)						      General Commands Manual						      APLAYMIDI(1)

NAME
aplaymidi - play Standard MIDI Files SYNOPSIS
aplaymidi -p client:port[,...] [-d delay] midifile ... DESCRIPTION
aplaymidi is a command-line utility that plays the specified MIDI file(s) to one or more ALSA sequencer ports. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints a list of options. -V, --version Prints the current version. -l, --list Prints a list of possible output ports. -p, --port=client:port,... Sets the sequencer port(s) to which the events in the MIDI file(s) are sent. A client can be specified by its number, its name, or a prefix of its name. A port is specified by its number; for port 0 of a client, the ":0" part of the port specification can be omitted. Multiple ports can be specified to allow playback of MIDI file(s) that contain events for multiple devices (ports), as specified by "Port Number" meta events. For compatibility with pmidi(1), the port specification is taken from the ALSA_OUTPUT_PORTS environment variable if none is given on the command line. -d, --delay=seconds Specifies how long to wait after the end of each MIDI file, to allow the last notes to die away. BUGS
aplaymidi handles "Port Number" meta events, but not "Port Name" meta events. SEE ALSO
pmidi(1) playmidi(1) AUTHOR
Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de> 2 Nov 2011 APLAYMIDI(1)