Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 111.22.31.123:1554, port 1554 defined where? Post 32312 by yls177 on Thursday 21st of November 2002 05:47:16 PM
Old 11-21-2002
netstat -an | grep 1554 gives me the below

tcp4 0 0 *.1580 *.* LISTEN

and from your reply, i gather the following:

1) server ports are mapped in /etc/services?

2) where is the client port defined?

3) from the output, this 1580 port is a listening port then?

thanks!
yls177

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

port 111

hi if i do a portscan on my fbsd box, i got one port that i don't want to see it open that's port 111, sunrpc, how can i close it? and also my-sql port 1433 and port 1523 (cichild-lm) tnx for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
6 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sparc11 or 111?

How can I check the architecture version on a sun box? So far I've tried; arch -k which gives sun4u and uname -a which gives SunOS <hostname> 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 but nothing which definitively states sparc11 or 111 - any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to make 1 2 3 into 123

suppose u have a file ABC ADFA AFAF AGBA AHHAH AJJA AJKA AJAJ AJAJA AJAJAJ AHAB AAAJ AJAJA AKK AJAJAA means gaps have to replaced and see also there will be gaps so output shud be ABCADFAAFAFAGBAAHHAHAJJAAJKAAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAHABAAAJJAJAAKKAJAJAA Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment ABC-123 by 1!!

in a shell script, i hav a variable declared as "ABC-123". i want to incriment th value ABC-123 by 1 so that the result will be ABC-124. Can anyone suggest a solution in shell scripting.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
PORTRESERVE(1)						   TCP port reservation utility 					    PORTRESERVE(1)

NAME
portreserve - reserve ports to prevent portmap mapping them SYNOPSIS
portreserve DESCRIPTION
The portreserve program aims to help services with well-known ports that lie in the bindresvport range. It prevents portmap (or other programs using bindresvport) from occupying a real service's port by occupying it itself, until the real service tells it to release the port (generally in its init script). It is intended that portreserve runs from an initscript of its own, and services wishing to interact with it should use portrelease. When the portreserve daemon is started, it examines the /etc/portreserve/ directory. Each file not containing "." or "~" in its name is considered to be a service configuration file, and must contain a service name (as listed in /etc/services) or a port number. UDP services may be specified by appending "/udp" to the service name, and TCP services by "/tcp". Several services may be specified, one per line. For example, /etc/portreserve/cups might contain the string "ipp" or, equivalently, "ipp/tcp" and "ipp/udp" on separate lines. For each service configuration file, a socket is created and bound to the appropriate port. A service wishing to bind to its port must first run portrelease, which instructs portreserve to release the port associated with the service. Once all the reserved ports have been released, the daemon exits. FILES
/etc/portreserve/* Service configuration files /var/run/portreserve/socket communication socket for portrelease SEE ALSO
portrelease(1) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Author. portreserve 1 July 2008 PORTRESERVE(1)