Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done? Post 3227 by Neko on Wednesday 27th of June 2001 03:28:40 AM
Old 06-27-2001
Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days...

The structure of the paths are like this:
/home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/
/home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/
/home/domains/www.domain4.com/tgp/
/home/domains/www.domain5.com/tgp/

So I've got 220 domains on this one box and in each of those domains I've got a directory called /tgp/ ...in /tgp/ directory I have hundreds of old .shtml files that I need to delete.

If I use this command will it work or will it cause any damage?

find /tgp -mtime +10 -name "*.shtml" -exec rm

If this is not the best way to do this, which way should I handle this and what command could take care of this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying to multiple directories using wildcard

Can we copy a file to multiple directories using a single command line , i tried with * didnt work for me cp /tmp/a.kool /tmp/folder/*/keys/ I am tryn to copy a.kool file to all keys folder in /tmp folder. is something i am missing ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: logic0
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

move files using wildcard

I have the following requirement. PATHA =/opr/itr/ PATHB=/etc/data/ FILENAME=*abc* file name is wild carded as there could be many files with name abc anywhere I tried mv $PATHA/$FILENAME $PATHB and I got a error that /etc/data/ can not be created Could any one please help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onlyjayaram
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard in Cshell find command

The following command works fine in my cshell script: set Deliverables = `find . -name "eliverables" -print` The following command does not work: set LASFiles = `find . -name "*." -print` In the first example, when tested in an if statement, the script will continue whether a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phudgens
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in using wildcard characters in xargs with find

Hi, Under my parent diectory I have directory named "Response" in many of its subfolders. I am interested to see all files with extention .pro in Response Directory. I am giving following command - find . -name "Response" -type d | xargs -i ls -lrt {}/*.pro but it is not giving result. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenation of multiple files with wildcard

I have the following snippet to concatenate about a hundred csv-files: for file in *csv; do cat $file >> newfile; done This line works, but before I was experimenting with the following line, which is more intuitive and is a tad more robust: for file in *.csv; do cat $file >> newfile; done Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

WildCard serach for files in a directory

Hi i have a requirement to search for all files in a directory. the files will start as file1_*,file2_*,file3_* where the wild card character is a timestamp. so on a particular day i may get files like file1_1103120042 file1_1102010345 file2_1101093423 file3_1103120042... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find replace a particular string of data with wildcard

Hi I am having a csv file in which lots of data are available wherein i need to find a particular kind of data and replace it with null value. here is the sample data.. I need to find the string starting with 404-064- and up to the first space i have to remove the data and keep the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing wildcard parameters to find via a variable

I have a script to fix permissions which is made up of blocks like: FS_ROOT=/home/shared/Photos FS_EXCLUDE=( \( -path */.webviews -o -path */.thumbnails \) -prune -o ) find $FS_ROOT ${FS_EXCLUDE} -type d -not -perm 2770 -exec chmod 2770 "{}" \; That fragment works as expected, but no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mij
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with wildcard directory

I want to look if there is any file inside a specific directory which was modified before 2 days. I wrote the find command, but the problem is there is one directory and that is a random directory generated by unix, so not sure on how to code for that on the find command. find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini0603
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and replace with wildcard

HI there, I am trying to find and replace with wildcard with data chr1 69511 69511 A G 1/1:0,34:791,78,0:78:34 0/1:55,60:1130,0,1513:99:116 1/1:0,28:630,63,0:63:28 0/1:0,34:626,57,0:57:34 To this chr1 69511 69511 A G homo hetero homo hetero Where I find and replace 0/1 with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
3 Replies
asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-appserv, start-appserv - starts thedomains in the specified or default domains directory SYNOPSIS
start-appserv [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] DESCRIPTION
This command has been deprecated. Please use start-domain to start the domains in the specified or default domains directory. start-appserv starts the domains in the specified or default domains direcotry. If the domains directory is not specified, the domains in the default domains directory are started. The default domains directory is install_dir/domains. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains are started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)