Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gcc Link problem
Top Forums Programming gcc Link problem Post 32047 by dbargo on Monday 18th of November 2002 05:52:32 AM
Old 11-18-2002
answer

i think that the word "gcc" compile only c file while your main.cpp file is a c++ file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing gcc

Hi! I have downloaded a precompiled gcc package but I'm having problems installing it. It is supposed to install in /usr/local and there is plenty of space left there but during the installation I get the following error message “No space left on device”. Is it some kind of temp folder that is out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
2 Replies

2. Programming

use gcc and link with a library

Hello, J have a problem when I use gcc: This comand works: gcc -shared -fpic -I/usr/include/sys -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib/librt.sl essai1.c mylib.sl but gcc I/usr/include/sys -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib/librt.sl essai2.c -o essai don't work. The first command creates a dynamique... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
1 Replies

3. Programming

A problem of GCC

Hi mates, I am a new comer of this forums. I have a problem while using function "fread(buffer, size, number, file-pointer)" to read a binary file. While I used the "fread()" to read the binary file under Solaris UNIX System, it worked very well. But it gets a incorrect result... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cquedugdylp
6 Replies

4. Solaris

gcc 3.4 Regex problem

Hello All, I have been using String.h with gcc 2.95. Now I have upgraded to gcc 3.4. The support for String.h has been removed and I believe Regex.h support is also not inbuilt. So I tried to build my own library for String.h. I had to use Regex.h and rx.h for a succesful library compilation.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishs13
0 Replies

5. Programming

How to link lib or Dll using gcc

I had this lib which I don't have access to the source code and is created by micosoft Visual C++ compiler ...... Right now I want to reuse this lib as part of my new project which only has gcc as the only compiler... I had the problem that the lib won't link to my other c code... my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuwang
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

GCC version problem

I have a host PC and a target system . Host System -> gcc (3.2) Redhat linux kernel 2.4.20-8 , glibc 2.3 Target System -> gcc (4.1) Fedora linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6, glibc 2.5 I would like to build test program that can be run on both systems --------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugdha
0 Replies

7. Solaris

gcc problem on Solaris

I just installed gcc from the latest package at sunfreeware.com using pkgadd. I write a simple 'Hello World!' program to test it. I try to compile it and I get this error: rockstar# gcc hello.c -o hello ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
0 Replies

8. Programming

gcc problem

Hi, I just try to solve the problem why one app failing on box1 and runs ok on box2, they have diff gcc version as I see from /proc/version: box1:: 3.4.1 box2:: 4.1.2 It's RedHat 64b boxes, so I can not run some <make all> command on box1, do you think I need to upgrade (if I'm using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mario17
1 Replies

9. Programming

problem with realloc( i think is gcc :/ )

Hi everyone, i made this program. is a simple one for practising malloc, realloc and structs. I have a struct named shop as global variable in which i take the size of the matrix from the keyboard and after i malloc it. I insert the values with the fullarray() and after i print the matrix with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
7 Replies

10. Programming

Gcc openmp programming problem

Dear Linux users, I'm a noob at openmp, gcc and c programming. I can run my own openmp code in terminal with no problem, eg. gcc -fopenmp program.c -o program. But now I'm trying to compile and run another person's code, it contains a makefile and multiple .c and .h files. I don't know how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pigeon151
2 Replies
caca-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    caca-config(1)

NAME
caca-config - script to get information about the installed version of libcaca SYNOPSIS
caca-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
caca-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use libcaca. The use of caca-config is deprecated. The more generic tool pkg-config should be used instead. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses libcaca. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that libcaca was build with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program or library that uses libcaca. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libcaca was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of libcaca on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(caca-config --cflags) -c main.c is how you might use caca-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(caca-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use caca-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1) AUTHOR
The libcaca library was written by Sam Hocevar <sam@hocevar.net>. This manual page was written for sdl-config by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. It was adapted to libcaca by Sam Hocevar. libcaca 2003-11-22 caca-config(1)