Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stupid find trick
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stupid find trick Post 32019 by Neo on Sunday 17th of November 2002 12:52:56 AM
Old 11-17-2002
For more complex shell scripts, I suggest you use either PHP or PERL. You will have much more overall flexibility and capability. After using these more advanced shell, I rarely do anything in older shells anymore, except very simple scripts (and even the more simple scripts are fun in PHP and PERL).

Of interest, maybe:

www.hotscripts.com

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trick to ignore space in folder name

Hello All, I am getting error while passing a folder name that has space to the cmd line argument. sh log_delete2.sh "/home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A RM" log_delete2.sh: line 17: cd: /home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulkit
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stupid find question

I issue find . -name "file.sh" I get tons of find: cannot read dir how do I filter out the errors and just get back tbhe results of the search? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guessingo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any trick to speed up script?

Hi Guys, I have a script that I am using to convert some text files to xls files. I create multiple temp. files in the process of conversion. Other than reducing the temp. files, are there any general tricks to help speed up the script? I am running it in the bash shell. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A trick to avoid ESC in vim

Hello, I find a trick to avoid pressing ESC without key-maping in vim. I am pleasure using this method, because ALT key is very comfortble for thumb to press. What's the trick? the ALT key. When you are in INSERT mod, press ALT+l switch to COMMAND mod without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alternative to the grep trick

Hi, We used to use the below commands often. ps -ef|grep bc ps -ef|grep abc|grep -v grep Both fairly returns the same result. For example, the process name is dynamic and we are having the process name in a variable, how we can apply the above trick. For example "a" is the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
11 Replies

6. Programming

Oracle TRICk Question

HI Guys , Below are the two columns ITEMS and STATE of table . ITEMS STATE '2345','ggdh','k5tg','dgyt','hFF' DF '1234','ghyt','DDD','GHTD','ABF' PQ Can we get output in PL/SQL in below way ?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX trick or command

Hi, Is there any command to do this -- Input is -- Ant Bat Cat Dog Output is -- A_Ant B_Ant A_Bat B_Bat A_Cat B_Cat A_Dog B_Dog (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
12 Replies
YAML_PARSE_URL(3)							 1							 YAML_PARSE_URL(3)

yaml_parse_url - Parse a Yaml stream from a URL

SYNOPSIS
mixed yaml_parse_url (string $url, [int $pos], [int &$ndocs], [array $callbacks]) DESCRIPTION
Convert all or part of a YAML document stream read from a URL to a PHP variable. PARAMETERS
o $url -$url should be of the form "scheme://...". PHP will search for a protocol handler (also known as a wrapper) for that scheme. If no wrappers for that protocol are registered, PHP will emit a notice to help you track potential problems in your script and then continue as though filename specifies a regular file. o $pos - Document to extract from stream ( -1 for all documents, 0 for first document, ...). o $ndocs - If $ndocs is provided, then it is filled with the number of documents found in stream. o $callbacks - Content handlers for YAML nodes. Associative array of YAML tag => callable mappings. See parse callbacks for more RETURN VALUES
Returns the value encoded in $input in appropriate PHP type or FALSE on failure. If $pos is -1 an array will be returned with one entry for each document found in the stream. NOTES
Warning Processing untrusted user input with yaml_parse_url(3) is dangerous if the use of unserialize(3) is enabled for nodes using the !php/object tag. This behavior can be disabled by using the yaml.decode_php ini setting. SEE ALSO
yaml_parse(3), yaml_parse_file(3), yaml_emit(3). PHP Documentation Group YAML_PARSE_URL(3)