Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to log top command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to log top command Post 31971 by Perderabo on Friday 15th of November 2002 12:59:01 PM
Old 11-15-2002
Kelam_Magus, yes that works for me too! But how did you know about the -f option? It's not on my man page! Anyway that -f option seems to be the key.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command --> top

I understand the numbers displayed in variable "load average". My question: what are the correct/ideal numbers? Sometimes, I got less than 1. Others, above 6. Also, what HW/SW should I tune in order to have the ideal numbers? Thank you ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgromerog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top command

hi guys, i am having a dual cpu xeon machine. i came to know that i can view the performance by giving top command. but top command shows only the usage of one cpu in percentage while the process are using more than 100% usage in the list . can i know separately the usage of cpus. can you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijuhpd
5 Replies

3. Solaris

top command

Hi I want to know how can I enable the command top in Solaris plataform. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: llopez_hernande
1 Replies

4. SCO

HP-UX top command

Is there a command in SCO Unix that does the same as the top command in HPUX. The command displays the jobs using the most system resources. Thanks You (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joestrosser
0 Replies

5. Solaris

top command

Hi, How to install software package top in solaris, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hi , can some one please assist me in using top command im facing following after using top: # top -hv UX:sh (top): ERROR: top: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected # top -p UX:sh (top): ERROR: top: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
3 Replies

7. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with top command

Currently when i run top command i get the following columns . CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU %CPU COMMAND In this how to remove '%WCPU' column ? Thanks very much in advance . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpravinraj
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hi All, i am using the below command and once get the output and i need to keep the first batch only.in this case how to do this one. please help me on thistop -b -n 5 >top.txt Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
3 Replies
PW_GETCONF(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     PW_GETCONF(3)

NAME
pw_getconf, pw_getpwconf -- password encryption configuration access function LIBRARY
System Utilities Library (libutil, -lutil) SYNOPSIS
#include <util.h> void pw_getconf(char *data, size_t len, const char *key, const char *option); void pw_getpwconf(char *data, size_t len, const struct passwd *pwd, const char *option); DESCRIPTION
The pw_getconf() function reads /etc/passwd.conf and retrieves the value of the option specified by option from the section given by key. If no suitable entry is found for the key an empty string will be returned in data. To retrieve default values the key default can be used. In this case, if /etc/passwd.conf does not exist or does not contain a default sec- tion, the built-in defaults will be returned. They are as follows: option data ypcipher old localcipher old An empty string is returned for all errors. pw_getpwconf() returns the value for the option specified for the particular user specified in pwd. If that option is not found, then it tries to find the option in the primary group of that user, and if that fails, then it returns the default entry. FILES
/etc/passwd.conf ERRORS
pw_getconf() and pw_getpwconf() will fail if: [ENOENT] There is no option named option in the specified key. [ENOTDIR] There is no key in /etc/passwd.conf named key. SEE ALSO
passwd(5), passwd.conf(5) HISTORY
The pw_getconf() function first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. BSD
May 4, 2010 BSD