Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: update
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers update Post 31967 by Neo on Friday 15th of November 2002 12:01:05 PM
Old 11-15-2002
uncompress and tar

uncompress decompresses the .Z file(s)

tar bundles and unbundles tar files.

Suggest you review the output of these commands:

Code:
man compress

man uncompress

man tar

also, you might find this helpful (if installed on your system):

Code:
man gzip

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update.sh or ./update.sh

I can't find anything about update.sh . What this command do ? And what is the difference between update.sh and ./update.sh ? In what case we use update.sh and when we use ./update.sh ? regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cecko
2 Replies

2. AIX

Update TL

Hello In one of my servers I have this TL 5300-07-05-0831 and I want to update to this level 5300-08-04-0844 But when I try to install failed and I got this message Installed fileset build date of 0831 is more recent than the selected fileset build date of 0819 Aix version is 5.3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. AIX

TL update

Hi Im planning to do a TL update from 5300-10 to 5300-12. I have the complete procedure but I have a small doubt before proceeding. Will the TL update affect my NFS ? Because I have exported some of the filesystems in this server to some other servers ? Im aware that the server will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Is it possible to "upgrade" Sol10 update 9 to update 10?

Is it possible to "upgrade" Sol10 update 9 to update 10 by booting from the DVD? I had never even tried this until a user asked me to do it, so i tried and it just hung there after the part where it reads the rules.ok file. Is this even possible to upgrade? or does it have to be a new install. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
5 Replies

6. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
STG-SERIES(1)							   StGit Manual 						     STG-SERIES(1)

NAME
stg-series - Print the patch series SYNOPSIS
stg series [options] [<patch-range>] DESCRIPTION
Show all the patches in the series, or just those in the given range, ordered from top to bottom. The applied patches are prefixed with a + (except the current patch, which is prefixed with a >), the unapplied patches with a -, and the hidden patches with a !. Empty patches are prefixed with a 0. OPTIONS
-b BRANCH, --branch BRANCH Use BRANCH instead of the default branch. -a, --all Show all patches, including the hidden ones. -A, --applied Show the applied patches only. -U, --unapplied Show the unapplied patches only. -H, --hidden Show the hidden patches only. -m BRANCH, --missing BRANCH Show patches in BRANCH missing in current. -c, --count Print the number of patches in the series. -d, --description Show a short description for each patch. --author Show the author name for each patch. -e, --empty Before the +, >, -, and ! prefixes, print a column that contains either 0 (for empty patches) or a space (for non-empty patches). --showbranch Append the branch name to the listed patches. --noprefix Do not show the patch status prefix. -s, --short List just the patches around the topmost patch. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-SERIES(1)