Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating a new driver for HP-UX Post 31855 by hilbi on Thursday 14th of November 2002 02:51:14 AM
Old 11-14-2002
creating a new driver for HP-UX

Hi to everyone,

i need some help creating my own graphics driver for HP-UX. I am planning on buying a nvidia card for my HP Workstation.

What do i need to create a new driver?

IŽm a UNIX beginner, so please explain it so that i can understand it.

hilbi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

To Driver

Driver, Are you an admin? I got banned from the board two times! Is this authorized? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Computekwes
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GXT130P driver

I am looking for gxt130p driver for aix 4.2.1. Where IŽll can find it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mrsstar
1 Replies

3. AIX

Finding FC Driver

Hello all, I am trying to figure out what command I can use in AIX in order to find out the driver level for a Fibre Channel adapter. Generically I am able to use "lscfg" to get the details but I am unable to read the output correctly. Can you help? Many thanks, -- output -- lscfg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monotone
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

epson driver

:confused: I want to install epson LQ1150 printer on a unix system ,epson doesnt have a unixdriver provided with it,which comptible driver would support the printer with unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athais
0 Replies

5. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

6. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies
QGfxDriverPlugin(3qt)													     QGfxDriverPlugin(3qt)

NAME
QGfxDriverPlugin - Abstract base for Qt/Embedded graphics driver plugins SYNOPSIS
#include <qgfxdriverplugin_qws.h> Public Members QGfxDriverPlugin () ~QGfxDriverPlugin () virtual QStringList keys () const = 0 virtual QScreen * create ( const QString & driver, int displayId ) = 0 DESCRIPTION
The QGfxDriverPlugin class provides an abstract base for Qt/Embedded graphics driver plugins. The graphics driver plugin is a simple plugin interface that makes it easy to create custom graphics drivers. Writing a graphics driver plugin is achieved by subclassing this base class, reimplementing the pure virtual functions keys() and create(), and exporting the class with the Q_EXPORT_PLUGIN macro. See the Plugins documentation for details. This class is only available in Qt/Embedded. See also Plugins. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QGfxDriverPlugin::QGfxDriverPlugin () Constructs a graphics driver plugin. This is invoked automatically by the Q_EXPORT_PLUGIN macro. QGfxDriverPlugin::~QGfxDriverPlugin () Destroys the graphics driver plugin. You never have to call this explicitly. Qt destroys a plugin automatically when it is no longer used. QScreen * QGfxDriverPlugin::create ( const QString & driver, int displayId ) [pure virtual] Creates a driver matching the type specified by driver, that will use display displayId. See also keys(). QStringList QGfxDriverPlugin::keys () const [pure virtual] Returns the list of graphics drivers this plugin supports. See also create(). SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qgfxdriverplugin.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qgfxdriverplugin.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QGfxDriverPlugin(3qt)