Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Viewing Tar files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Viewing Tar files Post 31744 by auswipe on Tuesday 12th of November 2002 09:51:07 PM
Old 11-12-2002
Re: Viewing Tar files

Quote:
Originally posted by mapping
I have backed up a job ona ait tape from unix. i would like to retrieve the data from that tape from a windows pc. i am aware that there may be software available that will allow windows to recognise .tar files. does anyone know where i can source this software or is there any other options
Try a Google search for a Win32 port of tar.

I did a quick Google search and came across this:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/star/?...C42%2C41%2C147

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files in a directory?

How do I view files in a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ania
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

viewing binary files in ASCII

Hi, How to view binary files in ASCII format.???????????????? Bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing are .tar.gz file

I have a dilema. We have a .tar.gz file that is 2.2 GB. I can't xfer to another machine with ftp, because ftp chokes on the 2 gb size. We can't uncompress the tarball either because it will blow any filesystem we have on this Sun box. Is there a way to view or even extract certain files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files

I have a file (called CORE) that is a dump created by a crashing process. This file, I believe, is in "binary" form, so when I try to use cat, more, or vi on it, it has a bunch of garbage. Is there anything I can use to "read" or view this file just like I might a non-binary file? I am running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing/information of binary files

Hi all, Is there a way of viewing a binary file through a UNIX session? Or perhaps viewing information of a binary file through a session? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a Tar of multiple Files in Unix and FTP the tar to Windows.

Hi, On my Unix Server in my directory, I have 70 files distributed in the following directories (which have several other files too). These files include C Source Files, Shell Script Source Files, Binary Files, Object Files. a) /usr/users/oracle/bin b) /usr/users/oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing Ebcidic files

I am having trouble viewing these files from my unix session. vi comes back with line too long. Also an m_dump with the relevant dml comes back with problems. How can I view this as a text file? Also is there an easy way to view specific records within. Eg I have a policy id (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek88
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing the *.msg files

Is there any way we can view the *.msg files in unix / linux ? Example cat aa.msg Or Do we need to do any decryption ? Kindly provide the solution? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with viewing the Log files

I have a file name as logfiles_tar.tgz. How can I view the contents of the log files present in logfiles_tar.tgz ? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies
Net::Google::Code(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Net::Google::Code(3pm)

NAME
Net::Google::Code - a simple client library for google code SYNOPSIS
use Net::Google::Code; my $project = Net::Google::Code->new( project => 'net-google-code' ); $project->load; # load its metadata, e.g. summary, owners, members, etc. print join(', ', @{ $project->owners } ); # return a Net::Google::Code::Issue object, of which the id is 30 $project->issue( id => 30 ); # return a Net::Google::Code::Download object, of which the file name is # 'FooBar-0.01.tar.gz' $project->download( name => 'FooBar-0.01.tar.gz' ); # return a Net::Google::Code::Wiki object, of which the page name is 'Test' $project->wiki( name => 'Test' ); # loads all the downloads $project->load_downloads; my $downloads = $project->downloads; # loads all the wikis $project->load_wikis; my $wikis = $project->wikis; DESCRIPTION
Net::Google::Code is a simple client library for projects hosted in Google Code. Since 0.15, Net::Google::Code offers google's official issues api support. Besides the new "Net::Google::Code::Issue::list", "Net::Google::Code::Issue::Comment::list" and <Net::Googlel::Code::Issue::load_comments> methods, which use the api from start, you can set $Net::Google::Code::Issue::USE_HYBRID to true to load, create and update issue with the api too. But the official api is not function complete yet( e.g. no attachment support, can't merge, etc. ), Net::Google::Code will back to the scraping way to accomplish those stuff. ATTRIBUTES
project the project name email, password user's email and password, used to authenticate base_url the project homepage base_svn_url the project svn url (without trunk) base_feeds_url the project feeds url summary description labels owners members INTERFACE
load load project's home page, and parse its metadata parse acturally do the parse job, for load(); load_downloads load all the downloads, and store them as an arrayref in $self->downloads load_wikis load all the wikis, and store them as an arrayref in $self->wikis issue return a new Net::Google::Code::Issue object, arguments will be passed to Net::Google::Code::Issue's new method. download return a new Net::Google::Code::Download object, arguments will be passed to Net::Google::Code::Download's new method. wiki return a new Net::Google::Code::Wiki object, arguments will be passed to Net::Google::Code::Wiki's new method. DEPENDENCIES
Any::Moose, HTML::TreeBuilder, WWW::Mechanize, Params::Validate XML::FeedPP, DateTime, JSON, URI::Escape, MIME::Types, File::MMagic INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. This project is very very young, and api is not stable yet, so don't use this in production, at least for now. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" Fayland Lam "<fayland@gmail.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2010 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-26 Net::Google::Code(3pm)