Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP address and gateway info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP address and gateway info Post 3170 by PxT on Monday 25th of June 2001 02:44:10 PM
Old 06-25-2001
What version/vendor of Unix? Most systems use the 'ifconfig' and 'route' commands to do this. Check the man pages, or post more details here if you need more help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix

Hi, I'm new to unix and have absolutely no experience with it. I am trying to change the network setting on the only computer on our network with SCO Unix. We switched ISP's and now have a new set of IP's. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go in and change these settings, please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gateway address

How can I change the gateway address on my sco Openserver 5.0.6. A cisco firewall is recently installed but the gateway on the system is still pointing at the old one. I want it to use the gateway address of the router. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshokunbi
2 Replies

3. Programming

how we can get gateway address

how we can get the gateway address. i know gethostname used for ipaddress how we can get the system gateway address. thank u inadvance, sree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info about Gateway Server

Hi, Q1) What is a gateway server. Q2) In a dataflow diagram I see that two applications (on Server A) pass data to a server XYZ. In the document one application lists the Server XYZ as a gateway server, but the other doesn't talk about it. Both are similar applications i.e. applications in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

6. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default Gateway address question

Hi, Using Redhat 6.1 with all the latest patches. I have the default gateway address but it never gets loaded. I have to add that manually? Not sure. Any idea. Is there any other place which I need to add? /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1 DEVICE="em1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set gateway address to a particular interface?

How to set gateway address to a particular interface? waht are the files need to update to make it permanent? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
ypset(1M)																 ypset(1M)

NAME
ypset - bind to particular Network Information Service server SYNOPSIS
host] domain] server Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (YP). Although the name has changed, the functionality of the service remains the same. DESCRIPTION
tells to get Network Information Service (NIS) services for the specified domain from the process running on server (see ypserv(1M) and ypbind(1M)). server is the NIS server that the NIS client binds to, and is specified as either a host name or an IP address. If server is down or is not running this is not discovered until a local NIS client process tries to obtain a binding for the domain. The daemon then tests the binding set by If the binding cannot be made to the requested server, attempts to rebind to another server in the same domain present in the ypservers file. NOTE: In order to run must be initiated with the or options. For more information on how to initiate see ypbind(1M). The command is useful for binding a client node that is not on a broadcast network. If a client node exists on a broadcast network which has no NIS server running, and if there is a network with one running that is available via a gateway, can establish a binding through that gateway. It is also useful for debugging NIS client applications such as when a NIS map exists only at a single NIS server. In cases where several hosts on the local net are supplying NIS services, it is possible for to rebind to another host, even while you attempt to find out if the operation succeeded. For example, typing followed by and receiving the reply may be confusing. It could occur when host1 does not respond to because its process is not running or is overloaded, and host2, running gets the binding. The server is the NIS server to bind to, specified as either a host name or an IP address. Refer to ypfiles(4) and ypserv(1M) for an overview of the Network Information Service. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Bind server for the Version 2 NIS protocol. Set the binding on host instead of locally. host can be specified as a host name or an IP address. Use domain instead of the default domain returned by (see domainname(1)). DIAGNOSTICS
The user is not root, or ypbind was run without the flags. See ypserv(1M) for explanations of the flags. The user is not root, or ypbind was run without one of the flags. See ypserv(1M) for explanations of the flags. WARNINGS
Starting with ONCplus version B.11.31.02, the NIS Version 1 protocol is no longer available. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypwhich(1), ypserv(1M), ypfiles(4). ypset(1M)