Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX hpux startup process, AUTO file? Post 31629 by Perderabo on Monday 11th of November 2002 08:40:37 AM
Old 11-11-2002
Yes, absolutely. It is vital for a sys admin to understand the boot process.

Any command run by root has some potental for danger. Something like: "df -k > /etc/passwd" could be a real disaster. But vgdisplay and lifls should be as safe as, say, df. Both just try to dispaly some information. Neither wants to change anything. It's lifcp that is more dangerous. It is a file copy program.

I don't know about linux, so I can't compare it to HP-UX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto startup of a program

how do i make a program run at system startup? is there a hirarchy i have to consider? is there any equivalent to an NT "Service" in unix? how do you set it up? thanx Ron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: exoron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto-startup a process

hi, i just realise that everytimes i boot up my sun solaris 8 sparc, i need to explicitly run the following comand to start up my snmp agent. cd /etc/rc2.d ./K07dmi start ./K07snmpdx start i just wonder that how to make it auto-startup once the machine is boot up. please enlighten me.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Process for FreeBSD?

Hello, I am a redhat linux user and I want to try out freebsd 4.7. My question is how does freebsd startup? I can not seem to find any run levels like in linux. All I see are rc.conf and rc scripts, I just want to know how does things get started. Also if I install Apache, where would i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xNYx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i auto start application upon startup?

sorry, i'm a newbie to unix... but how do i or rather where do i write scripts that auto start my application e.g. Informix? in Windows it would be services but in UNIX where can i auto start my informix program? To run informix i just type "oninit". And do i have to login to any user before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doofie
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Auto terminating processes in HPUX

We are runing HPUX on a 7400 server. Some of our users are sitting in records for hours at a time and locking essential records or tables (A discipline issue I know, and I'm working on it.... However). Does anybody know of a way to automatically terminate processes that have been idle for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yantoch
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Auto-Port Aggregation startup fails on boot

I have a machine running HP-UX 11.23 (PARISC) and APA startup fails on boot. This is found in /etc/rc.log: Configure Auto-Port Aggregation(LAN Monitor) interfaces Output from "/sbin/rc2.d/S343hplm start": ---------------------------- get_start_dlpi_version: failed, errno is 22 ERROR: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kknigga
1 Replies

7. Linux

file location for GNOME auto startup apps

I know how to add an apps to auto-start in GUI, but I'd like to know how to do it mannualy. So where is the file saved to by GUI ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honglus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Auto Generate pg_hba.conf file at Startup

Hi there, I'll start by letting you you know my current shell programming and scripting is very week (and thats a euphemistic description). I'm really just wanting someone to make a suggestion to get me rolling in the right direction though absolutely any help is of course welcome. Set Up -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukusc
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while auto login using .ssh for HPUX

Hi, While trying to supress password prompt using ssh. I have added .ssh folder manually and generated public key and added to authorized_keys file in the remote machine. But still it's prompting for passwords with the following message: Permission denied... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
5 Replies

10. AIX

Auto startup and shutdown in AIX

Hi All, I would like to schedule auto IPL (shutdown and start-up) by using a shell script. Can you please give me some idea? want to test on my lab box first. shell script should bring AIX LPAR down and then need to start/activate the LPAR after 30 min any idea is highly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies
ABRT-AUTO-REPORTIN(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-AUTO-REPORTIN(1)

NAME
abrt-auto-reporting - Get or modify a value of the auto reporting option SYNOPSIS
abrt-auto-reporting [-v] [ enabled | yes | 1 | disabled | no | 0 ] DESCRIPTION
Reads the configuration from abrt.conf and saves the changes to the same file. The changes will take effect immediately without necessity to restart any ABRT process and will be persistent. disabled User have to report the detect problems manually enabled ABRT uploads an uReport which was generated for a detected problem immediately after the detection phase. uReport description ABRT supports uReports for four types of crashes: crashes of C/C++ programs that result in a core dump, uncaught Python exceptions, uncaught Java exceptions and kernel oopses. Each uReport generally contains a stack trace, or multiple stack traces in the case of multi-threaded C/C++ and Java programs. The stack trace only describes the call stack of the program at the time of the crash and does not contain contents of any variables. Every uReport also contains identification of the operating system, versions of the RPM packages involved in the crash, and whether the program ran under a root user. There are also items specific to each crash type: C/C++ crashes these are path to the executable and signal delivered to the program, Python exceptions there is the type of the exception (without the error message, which may contain sensitive data), for kernel oopses these are list of loaded kernel modules, list of taint flags, and full text of the kernel oops. Warning: The full text of a kernel oops might contain information like the identification of the host hardware type. You should disable the autoreporting feature if you do not want to share this information with Red Hat. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. SEE ALSO
abrt.conf(5) AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-AUTO-REPORTIN(1)