Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mandrake & size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mandrake & size Post 31619 by Ralf on Monday 11th of November 2002 07:00:46 AM
Old 11-11-2002
I've just installed RedHat 8.0 on my 80Gb drive

(NB although my MBoard is so old I can't see the Drive though the BIOS so I use a PCI HDD controller).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with find & -size

Hi I am trying to find files over a size given by the user. this is what I have so far echo "Enter a pathname to check (example = /home/jsk1gcc/testwork): " read input echo "Enter a the size (examples = 100k, 10M, 1G): " read size find $input -size +$size echo echo "Hit the Enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelFlesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just listing size, timestamp & name of files in a directory

How can I list the files in a directory and just show the file size, date stamp, timestamp and file name.. I've been trying to ls -lrt the directory to a file and then use the cut command but I'm not having any luck with getting the proper results.. I thought i could use the -f switch and count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Inode size 128 & 256(or more)

Can some one tell me what is difference in inode datastructure for 128 byte inode & 256 byte inode? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sach253
0 Replies

4. Programming

Pipe & fifo size limit

Hi guys. 1. how much is the size of pipe?(i mean the buffer size) 2. is this size different in various UNIX derivations? 3. what happens if we write to a full pipe? does it block until get some free space(the other side receive data) or returns an error? 3. FIFO s are physical files on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

5. AIX

/var/adm/wtmp - few entries & huge size.

Hi all. I have a strange case on one of my AIX boxes. /var/adm/wtmp on server01 is ~ 400MB large but it only has ~1200 lines. For example on server02 there are ~85000 lines and the file is ~158MB large. I check lines through 'last | wc -l'. But when I check line directly with 'wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robroy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIND: Combining -size & -prune

I am having an issue adding the -size test to my find command. I am trying to find all files smaller than 250mb, that are not in .snapsnot or man directories. What i started with find . -xdev -type d \( -name man -o -name .snapshot \) -prune -o -type f What I have tried..unsuccessfully... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in finding & comparing avg file size

I have some files in a directory with two different extensions which get created everyday. Can you please help me out in getting the average file size for both these extensions and checking it with the last two file sizes of the same file extension ? To be more clear.. Lets say I have 10 files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
1 Replies

9. AIX

Size of file /dev/./null 2>&1

Hello Can I just remove/delete flile ? rw-r--r-- 1 root system 2385088512 Jun 30 21:25 /dev/null 2>&1 size of this flile is 2274.75 m and fill up my filesystem: Filesystem MB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 2560.00 2558.59 1.41 100% / (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Df reporting double size of du after fsck & reboot

Solaris 8 running on a Sparcstation 5 (Aurora) with 170MHz processor and 256MB ram This is AFTER doing fsck and reboot. 820030k vs 385252k All other files in /usr/asm not in /usr/asm/sys or /usr/asm/data amount to 43k. The /usr/asm/lost+found is 8k. somehow df and other applications... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcoreyl
3 Replies
chs(7D) 							      Devices								   chs(7D)

NAME
chs - IBM ServeRAID PCI host adapter driver DESCRIPTION
The chs driver is the IBM ServeRAID PCI controller driver. PRECONFIGURATION
Known Problems and Limitations To prevent data loss, a SCSI disk drive that is not defined as part of any physical pack within a logical drive will not be accessible through the Solaris operating environment. CONFIGURATION
Auto-configuration code determines whether the adapter is present at the configured address and what types of devices are attached to it. The IBM ServeRAID is primarily used as a disk array (system drive) controller. To configure the attached disk arrays, you must configure the controller (using the configuration utilities provided by the hardware manu- facturer) before booting the Solaris operating environment You use the configuration utilities to set RAID levels, stripe parameters, cache mechanisms and perform other functions. For more information, see the user manual supplied with your hardware. FILES
/kernel/drv/chs.conf chs configuration file /dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device where: cn controller n dn LUN n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk(1M) partition(0) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), attributes(5), cmdk(7D) SunOS 5.10 27 November 2000 chs(7D)