Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: make script
Top Forums Programming make script Post 31616 by cherio on Monday 11th of November 2002 06:05:47 AM
Old 11-11-2002
help

Well I have not written a single make script and nor have I authored a windows help file.Any pointers to books or guides or online material to help me design the file, and get me started, was all I was looking for.Once I start using the system and do have problem's I will contact you ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help make script much easier

Is there any method to realise this in one command? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

make directory script

Hi, I try to write a script to create a new directory. #!/bin/bash echo "Please enter folder name (6 characters only) :" read foldername mkdir /home/user/$foldername $foldername >> /home/list/list.txt My question/situation: 1) how to ensure the folder name MUST BE 6 characters... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make a script to ftp over?

Hi, I have a script that ftp over the file: CFGFILE=/export/home/myuser/scripts/ftp1.cfg LOGFILE=/app/bea/logs/ LOCALPATH=/expport/home/myuser/ECNLogs/ YEAR=`date '+%Y'` MONTH=`date '+%m'` DAY=`date '+%d'` HOUR=`date '+%H'` MINUTE=`date '+%M'` LASTHOUR=$((HOUR-1)) echo $LASTHOUR ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to make the script simple

Hi All, I have a script which throws the output if condition matches. I run the cmd : # ldf Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 1984564 1375019 550009 72% / /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 5040814 2628410 2361996 53% /usr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help me: how to make Ln in script shell

please can u help me in my homework, i want to creat a script shell for ln (symbolik link). This script will do everything that Ln do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo03
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script? call other script? su to another user? make a cron?

Good morning. I am searching for "how-to"'s for some particular questions: 1. How to write a script in HP-UX 11. 2. How to schedule a script. 3. How to "call" scripts from the original script. 4. How to su to another user from within a script. This is the basics of what the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make script automated

if i have a script called test.sh file1=$(ls -l|awk '{print $9 $1}') awk ' /date_of_selling:/ { print $6 ":" &9 }' /$file1 >> data.txt if i wanna this script to run automatically every day at 8 am :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a script to make makefile

How do we create a shell script that creates a makefile? what if we want to use the #include header files too? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sslokhan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

advise some script to make the changes..!!

Hi Folks, got the solution..!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to make a resync script

Good Morning, I'm trying to automate the resync process after a mirror replacement on Solaris. To avoid resyncing all the drives at once, I'm trying to use metastat for each drive to determine if the drive is still resyncing or if it is done (Okay). The following test lines seem to always show... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)