Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers smitty, remove user, remove directory as well.. Post 31610 by yls177 on Monday 11th of November 2002 01:43:09 AM
Old 11-11-2002
okay, but smitty should be smart enough to do the necessary removal when a user is removed..., right?
yls177

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove a nonempty directory

How can I remove a non empty directory. ' rmdir directory_name ' complains that the directory is not empty. The same problem happens with ' rmdir directory_name/* ' Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
2 Replies

2. AIX

remove hardlink directory

I have to move a lpar from one 671 to another (aix 5.2 ML 07) when I run mksysb, It alway hangs with "archieving file list" I've tried to exlude every directory, but still not working the only thing that can be a problem, is a hardlink directory normally it should not be possible to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove old files from a directory

Hello I'm new to this forum, so I did a quick scan of the FAQs to see if my problem had been addressed already, since I believe it is probably a very common need. I was surprised that I did not see anything obvious. I need to remove all files from a directory that have a last modified date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2davidc8
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't remove a directory

Hello, somehow a directory called -r was created on one of my servers and I can't remove is using either rm or rmdir. Is there a way to remove this directory? Thank you. -David (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove recursilvely from a directory

I can remove blank lines at end of file using following code for files in `ls * 2>/dev/null` do sed -e :a -e '/^\n*$/N;/\n$/ba' $files > newfile mv newfile $files done How can I change above code, so that it recursively executes that code for all files under a directory? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruchimca
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove files from a directory

I have some empty files that were created from a script I ran that I cannot delete using the rm command.... any ideas as how I can delete them? -rw-r--r-- 1 schroeks x_exp 0 Jul 21 08:24 rrd15CEC -rw-r--r-- 1 schroeks x_exp 0 Jul 21 11:37 rrd15CEC -rw-r--r-- ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie88
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Directory

By Mistake i created a directory named "-lrt" in one of my working directories and now i am not able to delete it , please suggest hw to delete this directory now ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove brackets and put it in a column and remove repeated entry

Hi all, I want to remove the remove bracket sign ( ) and put in the separate column I also want to remove the repeated entry like in first row in below input (PA156) is repeated ESR1 (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) CHST3 (PA26503) docetaxel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Directory can't remove!

Hello my friends, I have a directory called log_old when I try to delete it, it tells me no such file or directory. Then I tried to run this command: ls -lb It tells me the directory name, it is: log_old1\177 !! I tried to remove it using inode, using this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove directory of a particular user?

How to remove directory of a particular user (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies
PCSCD(8)							    PC/SC Lite								  PCSCD(8)

NAME
pcscd - PC/SC Smart Card Daemon SYNOPSIS
pcscd [options] OPTIONS
-a, --apdu log APDUs and SW using the debug method (see --debug). -c, --config file Specifies the file file as an alternate location for /etc/reader.conf. -f, --foreground Runs pcscd in the foreground and sends log messages to stderr instead of syslog(3). -d, --debug use the lowest log level. Any log message of this level or above will be sent to stderr or syslog(3) depending on the use of --fore- ground. --info use info log level. This is the default log level. --error use error log level. --critical use critical log level. The log levels are ordered as: debug < info < error < critical. Use a log level l will log this level and all the levels above it. -h, --help Displays information about the pcscd command line -v, --version Displays the program version number -H, --hotplug Ask pcscd to rescan the USB buses for added or removed readers and re-read the /etc/reader.conf file to detect added or removed non- USB readers (serial or PCMCIA). DESCRIPTION
pcscd is the daemon program for pcsc-lite and the MuscleCard framework. It is a resource manager that coordinates communications with smart card readers and smart cards and cryptographic tokens that are connected to the system. pcscd is normally started at boot time from /etc/init.d/pcscd. It allows applications to access smart cards and readers without knowing details of the card or reader. pcscd coordinates the loading of drivers for card readers. The purpose of pcsc-lite is to provide a cross compatible API (called winscard) for migrating Windows based PC/SC applications to Unix. At startup, pcscd loads the smart card reader drivers specified in the /etc/reader.conf file (or specified using --config file). SERIAL SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
Smart card reader drivers are placed in the /usr/lib64/readers directory. Each driver is simply an .so file. pcscd locates the driver using the /etc/reader.conf file. See the reader.conf(5) manual page for more information. Drivers are available at http://www.muscle- card.com/drivers.html. USB SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
USB smart card reader drivers are located in /usr/lib64/readers directory as a bundle. You shall not add a USB driver in /etc/reader.conf file. FILES
/etc/reader.conf : Reader configuration file /etc/init.d/pcscd : pcscd startup script /var/run/pcscd/pcscd.pid : process id of the running pcscd /usr/lib64/readers : directory containing bundles for USB drivers SEE ALSO
bundleTool(8), reader.conf(5), syslog(3) AUTHORS
David Corcoran <corcoran@musclecard.com> and Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> Muscle January 2007 PCSCD(8)