Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenBSD + Network +ifconfig
Special Forums IP Networking OpenBSD + Network +ifconfig Post 31556 by CopyWrong on Saturday 9th of November 2002 07:33:55 PM
Old 11-09-2002
Hm...

This seems strange, i can ping other computers at my homenetwork.. maybe someone can explain this?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig

I am trying to change an IP address on a machine running HPUX10 After I change it I can ping it from the outside but it completely locks the console. After a reboot it returns back to its previous IP. Any ideas?? Thanks Brian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
7 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

ifconfig

Hi, I type (as root) "ifconfig en1 ether aa:aa: " but it doesnt change the mac of my airport. Can anyone help me? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

ifconfig: difference between creating logical or alias network interface

Hi guys, I have set up multiple virtual FTP servers on a server through one physical NIC. I believe there are to ways; setting logical or alias ip's. I would like to know what is the difference between setting up a logical ip or setting up an alias ip to a physical network interface? Some links to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaff
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ifconfig!!!!

why the ifconfig command is not working in my machine? it says "-bash: ifconfig: command not found" why its says that? actually i m looking for "how can I know the Network Interface Card physical address?" Requesting u all for help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
3 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig -a not working

Hi All, I logged into a sun microsystems server box, using both a vnc session and a ssh session. I am able to use "ifconfig -a" in a ssh session, but the same on a vnc session says that its a invalid command. how is this possible, when i am logging into the same box through two different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pardhuhere
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network configuration on openbsd

Hi all, I got following configuration problem I need to configure tiny network on openbsd I got server1 with 3 interfaces vic0 em0 em1 The interface vic0 on server1 has follwoing IP 172.16.1.1 em0 firstly I would like to configure network under em0 (I have assigned to em0 following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvok
1 Replies

7. BSD

PF OpenBSD Network Monitoring

Hi, Though I have some Linux background I'm new to BSD. Currently I'm administering an OpenBSD 5.3 firewall which based on PF. I want to view my LAN's top talkers to the internet. If it is a graphical method that's better but I like to know whether it is possible through a command like pfctl.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithad
3 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					    OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_pingd - pingd resource agent SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_user=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_set=string] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_section=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_interval=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] pingd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This agent (ocf:pacemaker:pingd) has been replaced by the more reliable ocf:pacemaker:ping. It records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes (specified in the 'host_list' parameter) a cluster node can connect to. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/var/run//pingd-default] PID file OCF_RESKEY_user = string [root] The user we want to run pingd as The user we want to run pingd as OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_set = string [] Set name The name of the instance_attributes set to place the value in. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_section = string [] Section name The section place the value in. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. Defaults to all configured ping nodes. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_interval = integer [1] ping interval in seconds How often, in seconds, to check for node liveliness OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to pingd. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 07/05/2010 OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)