Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getting MySQL runningg
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting MySQL runningg Post 31531 by Neo on Saturday 9th of November 2002 07:11:46 AM
Old 11-09-2002
I recommend going to www.amazon.com and purchasing a good book on MySQL. Getting a good MySQL book will save you lots of time and frustration.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mysql

Is it my opinion, or Unix & Linux systems dislike me???? :) New problem I want to mysqldump a database from a Red Hat 9 mysql server, to a Solaris 7 mysql server. the problem is : Mysql server in Red Hat 9 is up and running. (Its the production server). I'm trying to mysqldump a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using MySQL

Hello. I am using ubuntu linux and I have instaled on it mySQL. The problem is that it doesn't add link to it in the application menu. Hod I use from the CLI, and second how to add it to the application menu. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies
MYSQL_GET_PROTO_INFO(3) 						 1						   MYSQL_GET_PROTO_INFO(3)

mysql_get_proto_info - Get MySQL protocol info

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_get_proto_info(3) int mysql_get_proto_info ([resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the MySQL protocol. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns the MySQL protocol on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_get_proto_info(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } printf("MySQL protocol version: %s ", mysql_get_proto_info()); ?> The above example will output something similar to: MySQL protocol version: 10 mysql_get_client_info(3), mysql_get_host_info(3), mysql_get_server_info(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_GET_PROTO_INFO(3)