Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stty
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers stty Post 31493 by frank on Friday 8th of November 2002 10:28:45 AM
Old 11-08-2002
Question stty

I am trying to set my backspace key as the erase key
right now I have to type CONTROL-H to delete.
Can you please tell me the command to set my backspace
as the erase key......

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty (urgent)

Hello all, In the .profile of my account on Tru64 UNIX,there is a command stty dec In the man pages,it is specified that dec sets all modes suitable for terminals supplied by Digital Equipment Corporation. I am porting a software from Compaq to HP platform.so i want to use the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty: : Not a typewriter

stty: : Not a typewriter the above error comes after i execute the script below o hpux B.11.00 #!/usr/bin/ksh /bin/su - <oraid> -c "svrmgrl" << EOF connect internal startup exit EOF echo "# End "`date +%D" "%T` >> time.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty errors

Hi folks, I run a script in rsh on HP-UX v2 (B.11.23 U 9000/800) and each time I have "su - user" in my program I'm getting the following output on the screen: stty: : Unknown error process not attached to terminal Usage: who r run level b boot time t time changes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty erase r

after hitting this command...on pressing r acts as a backspace character.... how to disable this function (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty: : Not a typewriter -- Help please

Hi All, I have been runing the same set of program using the same auto profile for an year. Now when i run the same set of process , i getting the below error Not a terminal stty: : Not a typewriter stty: : Not a typewriter ksh: jil: not found ksh: sendevent: not found logout... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Using stty

Hello, I am trying to configure a serial port, for mac os x 10.6. I believe I can use the stty command to look at serial port configuration and or change the serial port settings. I read the man page, but I don't really know what I am doing. Any help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesapp
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : I/O Error

Hi all, I am stuck on a shell script issue and need your inputs: I have a parent script A.ksh which call in another script B.ksh. At the start of the B.ksh, we export the .profile of another user and then call Informatica jobs. Issue When I run my jobs from the command prompt, it works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromrishi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty issues

Copy Paste Issue... Pasted some c**p of a excel...!! Sorry Guys. Please look Below for the issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use stty?

Hi , I have shell scripting in linux box. This script is mentioned that should be run under the one particular user. If you run that mentioned user location then it is working fine.... Suppose if you are trying run from some other user like as mentioned below sudo su - gxadm -c script.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies
glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						    glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpecialFunc - sets the special keyboard callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutSpecialFunc(void (*func)(int key, int x, int y)); ARGUMENTS
func The new special callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpecialFunc sets the special keyboard callback for the current window. The special keyboard callback is triggered when keyboard func- tion or directional keys are pressed. The key callback parameter is a GLUT_KEY_* constant for the special key pressed. The x and y callback parameters indicate the mouse in window relative coordinates when the key was pressed. When a new window is created, no special callback is initially registered and special key strokes in the window are ignored. Passing NULL to glutSpecialFunc disables the generation of special callbacks. During a special callback, glutGetModifiers may be called to determine the state of modifier keys when the keystroke generating the call- back occurred. An implementation should do its best to provide ways to generate all the GLUT_KEY_* special keys. The available GLUT_KEY_* values are: GLUT_KEY_F1 F1 function key. GLUT_KEY_F2 F2 function key. GLUT_KEY_F3 F3 function key. GLUT_KEY_F4 F4 function key. GLUT_KEY_F5 F5 function key. GLUT_KEY_F6 F6 function key. GLUT_KEY_F7 F7 function key. GLUT_KEY_F8 F8 function key. GLUT_KEY_F9 F9 function key. GLUT_KEY_F10 F10 function key. GLUT_KEY_F11 F11 function key. GLUT_KEY_F12 F12 function key. GLUT_KEY_LEFT Left directional key. GLUT_KEY_UP Up directional key. GLUT_KEY_RIGHT Right directional key. GLUT_KEY_DOWN Down directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_UP Page up directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_DOWN Page down directional key. GLUT_KEY_HOME Home directional key. GLUT_KEY_END End directional key. GLUT_KEY_INSERT Inset directional key. Note that the escape, backspace, and delete keys are generated as an ASCII character. SEE ALSO
glutSpecialUpFunc, glutKeyboardFunc, glutMouseFunc, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutButtonBoxFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc, glutGetModifiers AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)