Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't upload more than one file per session on zmodem Post 3148 by chiquitita on Sunday 24th of June 2001 12:15:02 PM
Old 06-24-2001
Network can't upload more than one file per session on zmodem

I am working on a website that I have to upload to a unix server. I know next to nothing about unix and I have tried to use Koalaterm and Absolute Telnet to upload files via zmodem. It will upload the first file when I type "sz myfile", however to upload any files beyond that I have to exit and start a new session. Can anyone help me with this? I am doing this site free for a non-profit agency that knows nothing about how it works.

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a program to convert '|' delimited file into excel?

Hi All, I want to convert a '|' delimited file to excel file. I want it is an automated process (this means I need not to open excel, import and choose '|' delimited, then ... to generate an excel) I need to use a scripts or proram to convert the file. Do any one have this tools? A... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
11 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can't upload to red hat 7.3

OS red hat 7.3 I deleted a user using webmin and while I was there I browsed around a bit. I didn't think I changed anything but.... http://rhinoseros.com/~pics/temp/webmin.gif Now I can't upload a file except as root. In ssh file transfer I get "Transfer failed with error8: file.zip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phineus
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

9. Programming

File transfer using Zmodem protocol

can anybody guide me how do i initiate file transfer over modem using zmodem protocol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borntorock
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending a file using Zmodem

Hi all, I'm trying to send a file to a remote host on a DG/UX system connected directly to a serial port of a computer, but every time I try to send the file, the remote host cannot recieve it (the download screen hangs, some wierd characters are displayed when I type the rz command). I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
1 Replies
GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)

NAME
git-peek-remote - List the references in a remote repository SYNOPSIS
git peek-remote [--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack>] [<host>:]<directory> DESCRIPTION
This command is deprecated; use git ls-remote instead. OPTIONS
--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack> Use this to specify the path to git-upload-pack on the remote side, if it is not found on your $PATH. Some installations of sshd ignores the user's environment setup scripts for login shells (e.g. .bash_profile) and your privately installed git may not be found on the system default $PATH. Another workaround suggested is to set up your $PATH in ".bashrc", but this flag is for people who do not want to pay the overhead for non-interactive shells, but prefer having a lean .bashrc file (they set most of the things up in .bash_profile). <host> A remote host that houses the repository. When this part is specified, git-upload-pack is invoked via ssh. <directory> The repository to sync from. AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)