Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: please help with openbsd 2.9
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers please help with openbsd 2.9 Post 3147 by Neo on Sunday 24th of June 2001 10:15:17 AM
Old 06-24-2001
Yes, of course. Sorry for the typo. I went back and edited the original post and changed ls to ln. Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Maxtor vs. OpenBSD

Can't setup OpenBSD 3.4 with Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 80Gb ATA/133 HDD... Install process stops at hardware initialize, before installing... :confused: Any Comments... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdave
2 Replies

2. BSD

Snort on openbsd

Im trying to gather some info to set up snort on openbsd 3.2, has anyone out there managed to get it up and running ? My initial attempts seem to be quite below par (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcontent
4 Replies

3. BSD

openbsd : cannot login

hi OK. I don't know exactly what I did to system! The system is OpenBSD 3.5. It is 200MMX, 16MB ram 1.2 + 2.4 GB HDD. The system was running well. But a few days ago I try to unpack a big tar.gz file and the system uses most the cpu and ram for this. While the system unpacking the file I try to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
4 Replies

4. BSD

OpenBSD security

OpenBSD is best OS in the world! - I'm talking about security :) After 10 years popularity in OpenBSD, was founded just!!!!!!!!!!!!! just one security hole! You can download OpenBSD from there . However, do you know a better OS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
1 Replies

5. BSD

setting up OpenBSD 4.0

ok these questions may be a little silly but I just started using OpenBSD as I came from Linux... 1. How do I make my desktop in X all snazzy like, I have wallpapers that need to be used. while I admit it will mainly be used for things I wont need a wallpaper for, you just never know :p, im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siphter
4 Replies

6. BSD

OpenBSD and wireless

I've just installed OpenBSD on my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T42) and since this is my first time with wireless networking in OpenBSD I'm a bit lost. What I would like to do is connect to a wireless network using WEP or WPA. Where do I place the key and essid? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmy66
3 Replies

7. BSD

RAIDing openbsd 4.2

Hello! Can anyone tell me how to make software RAID1 on openbsd 4.2. I try by some manuals but have no results.Maybe is somewhere good manual directly to openbsd 4.2 version? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kasparens
1 Replies

8. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

9. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

10. BSD

OpenBSD pf problems

I am having troubles with this pf configuration, it seems when loaded nothing can access my server on the internal interface for the LAN, I cannot see why, and it's pretty much based off the very standard example in the OpenBSD faq. When I unload the configuration, I can access the DNS server on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies
MSGUNTYPOT(1p)							    Po4a Tools							    MSGUNTYPOT(1p)

NAME
msguntypot - update PO files when a typo is fixed in POT file SYNOPSIS
msguntypot -o old_pot -n new_pot pofiles ... DESCRIPTION
When you fix a trivial error which surely doesn't affect translations (e.g. a typo) in a POT file, you should unfuzzy the corresponding msgstr in the translated PO files to avoid so extra work to the translators. This task is difficult and error prone when done manually, and this tool is there to help doing so correctly. You just need to provide the two versions of the POT file: before the edition and after as marked in the above synopsis, and it all becomes automatic. HOW TO USE IT
In short, when you discover a typo in one of your [english] message, do the following: - Regenerate your POT and PO files. make -C po/ update-po # for message program translations debconf-updatepo # for debconf translations po4a po4a.conf # for po4a based documentation translations or something else, depending on your project's building settings. You know how to make sure your POT an PO files are uptodate, don't you?? - Make a copy of your POT file. cp myfile.pot myfile.pot.orig - Make a copy of all your files. mkdir po_fridge; cp *.po po_fridge - Fix your typo. $EDITOR the_file_in_which_there_is_a_typo - Regenerate your POT and PO files. See above. At this point, the typo fix fuzzied all the translations, and this unfortunate change is the only one between the PO files of your main directory and the one from the fridge. Here is how to solve this. - Discard fuzzy translation, restore the ones from the fridge. cp po_fridge/*.po . - Manually merge the PO files with the new POT file, but taking the useless fuzzy into account. msguntypot -o myfile.pot.orig -n myfile.pot *.po - Cleanups. rm -rf myfile.pot.orig po_fridge You're done. The typo was eradicated from msgstr of both your POT and PO files, and the PO files were not fuzzyied in the process. Your translators love you already. SEE ALSO
Despite its name, this tool is not part of the gettext tool suite. It is instead part of po4a. More precisely, it's a random Perl script using the fine po4a modules. For more information about po4a, please see: po4a(7) AUTHORS
Martin Quinson (mquinson#debian,org) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005 by SPI, inc. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file). Po4a Tools 2014-06-10 MSGUNTYPOT(1p)