Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HTML-CGI on Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HTML-CGI on Unix Post 31441 by sstevens on Thursday 7th of November 2002 04:28:35 PM
Old 11-07-2002
Network HTML-CGI on Unix

AAAHHH!! I've made a perl program that you can run on a web browser. This program needs to be run everyday, and I don't want to have to run it everyday. The problem is when I try running the program from my terminal, all it does is print stuff to the terminal page (the program involves a lot of HTML forms that are automatically filled out and submitted). Is there someway I can make my unix server run these html commands? I've used crontabs before, so that isn't the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX CGI script

Hey everyone! I hope someone here is good with Unix CGI scripts. I'm having trouble with my CGI. Here's the deal I've created a program that searches the passwd file and cuts the users real name when it's given the login name. When i converted it to CGI i ran into some problems: 1) when you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML form to cgi help

I wrote a script to automate user account verification against peoplesoft. Now I want to make it available to my peers via the web. It is running on Solaris. I have the form written, but am not sure how to make it work. I think the form should call a perl cgi when submitted. The cgi should call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

html - df -k cgi script

Hey - I am new to cgi scripting... just writing a script to output df -k output to html page... but I cannot get the df lines on separate lines on the page, it all comes out on one line and is not very readable.. any suggestions? My script is below - please keep in mind I am only new to it so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to echo a html file

Hi, I'm learning some simple cgi scripting. I can make a script like this, so my browser shows "Hello World" /www/cgi-bin/name.sh --- #!/bin/sh MyName=World echo "<html> Hello $MyName </html>" --- What I'd like is to have a separate html and script files in the cgi folder so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Performer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass data from server (CGI script) to client (html page)

Hi I know how to pass data from client side (html file) to server using CGI script (POST method). I also know how to re-create the html page from server side after receiving the data (using printf). However I want to write static pages on client side (only the structure), and only to pass... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamabm
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

execute shell script using CGI for html site

hi there im currently in the process of creating a website for use basically within our org. im using a os x machine and installed MAMP - which includes Apache, mysql... the site will be used by techs to primarily install pkgs files onto os x devices. i would like to have buttons or hyperlinks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheshe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command through html+cgi in bash

Hi everyone, I want to kill process through the web, so I create html page with single bottom that run kill command in shell script with CGI. Here is html code: <td><form METHOD="GET" action="http://IP:port/cgi_bin/script.cgi" > <input type="submit" value= "Submit" > <INPUT name="q"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!??

Hello, I want to run this script on my CentOS 6 via browser : ________________________________________________________________________________________________ #!/bin/sh echo Username? read MY_NAME echo Provisional file name? read MY_FILE echo File NAME you want to save? read MY_FILE2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juta2020
16 Replies
WEBCHECKOUT(1)							    webcheckout 						    WEBCHECKOUT(1)

NAME
webcheckout - check out repositories referenced on a web page SYNOPSIS
webcheckout [options] url [destdir] DESCRIPTION
webcheckout downloads an url and parses it, looking for version control repositories referenced by the page. It checks out each repository into a subdirectory of the current directory, using whatever VCS program is appropriate for that repository (git, svn, etc). The information about the repositories is embedded in the web page using the rel=vcs-* microformat, which is documented at <http://kitenet.net/~joey/rfc/rel-vcs/>. If the optional destdir parameter is specified, VCS programs will be asked to check out repositories into that directory. If there are multiple repositories to check out, each will be checked out into a separate subdirectory of the destdir. OPTIONS
-a, --auth Prefer authenticated repositories. By default, webcheckout will use anonymous repositories when possible. If you have an account that allows you to use authenticated repositories, you might want to use this option. --no-act, -n Do not actually check anything out, just print out the commands that would be run to check out the repositories. --quiet, -q Quiet mode. Do not print out the commands being run. (The VCS commands may still be noisy however.) PREREQUISITES
To use this program you will need lots of VCS programs installed, obviously. It also depends on the perl LWP and HTML::Parser modules. If the perl URI module is installed, webcheckout can heuristically guess what you mean by partial URLs, such as "kitenet.net/~joey"' AUTHOR
Copyright 2009 Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL version 2 or higher. This program is included in mr <http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/mr/> perl v5.14.2 2011-09-25 WEBCHECKOUT(1)