Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Acessing manpages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Acessing manpages Post 3144 by mib on Sunday 24th of June 2001 08:08:47 AM
Old 06-24-2001
Yes, you can use nroff command

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to search within manpages?

well, the subject tells everything. i don't want to search for something in any manpage, but for a word in a specific manpage. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeanmartin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

acessing awk array element while getline < "file"

I am attempting to write a awk script that reads in a file after awk array elements are assigned and using those elements while reading in the new file. Does this make sense? /pattern/ {tst=$3} (( getline < "file" ) > 0 ) { x=x " "tst } When I print tst in the END statement it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
9 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Manpages link

This link does not connect to anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Acessing files on Sun Storage J4200 array

Hi. I'm maintaining a small network of Solaris/Linux clients with a NFS/NIS server running Solaris 10. The server is a SPARC Enterprise M4000 sharing NFS filesystem that the clients are mounting. The hard drives on the server are on a Sun Storage J4200 array of 12 disks. I don't have details on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: JhnHta
13 Replies
mpexpand(1)						       Documentation toolbox						       mpexpand(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
mpexpand - Markup processor SYNOPSIS
mpexpand ?-module module? format infile|- outfile|- mpexpand.all ?-verbose? ?module? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This manpage describes a processor / converter for manpages in the doctools format as specified in doctools_fmt. The processor is based upon the package doctools. mpexpand ?-module module? format infile|- outfile|- The processor takes three arguments, namely the code describing which formatting to generate as the output, the file to read the markup from, and the file to write the generated output into. If the infile is "-" the processor will read from stdin. If outfile is "-" the processor will write to stdout. If the option -module is present its value overrides the internal definition of the module name. The currently known output formats are nroff The processor generates *roff output, the standard format for unix manpages. html The processor generates HTML output, for usage in and display by web browsers. tmml The processor generates TMML output, the Tcl Manpage Markup Language, a derivative of XML. latex The processor generates LaTeX output. wiki The processor generates Wiki markup as understood by wikit. list The processor extracts the information provided by manpage_begin. null The processor does not generate any output. mpexpand.all ?-verbose? ?module? This command uses mpexpand to generate all possible output formats for all manpages in the current directory. The manpages are rec- ognized through the extension ".man". If -verbose is specified the command will list its actions before executing them. The module information is passed to mpexpand. NOTES
Possible future formats are plain text, pdf and postscript. SEE ALSO
expander(3tcl), format(3tcl), formatter(3tcl) KEYWORDS
HTML, TMML, conversion, manpage, markup, nroff CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (c) 2003 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 mpexpand(1)