Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Acessing manpages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Acessing manpages Post 3144 by mib on Sunday 24th of June 2001 08:08:47 AM
Old 06-24-2001
Yes, you can use nroff command

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to search within manpages?

well, the subject tells everything. i don't want to search for something in any manpage, but for a word in a specific manpage. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeanmartin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

acessing awk array element while getline < "file"

I am attempting to write a awk script that reads in a file after awk array elements are assigned and using those elements while reading in the new file. Does this make sense? /pattern/ {tst=$3} (( getline < "file" ) > 0 ) { x=x " "tst } When I print tst in the END statement it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
9 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Manpages link

This link does not connect to anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Acessing files on Sun Storage J4200 array

Hi. I'm maintaining a small network of Solaris/Linux clients with a NFS/NIS server running Solaris 10. The server is a SPARC Enterprise M4000 sharing NFS filesystem that the clients are mounting. The hard drives on the server are on a Sun Storage J4200 array of 12 disks. I don't have details on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: JhnHta
13 Replies
roffit(1)							   roffit Manual							 roffit(1)

NAME
roffit - convert nroff to HTML SYNOPSIS
roffit [options] < inputfile > outputfile DESCRIPTION
roffit converts the inputfile to outputfile. The inputfile must be an nroff formatted man page, and the outputfile will be an HTML docu- ment. OPTIONS
--bare The output HTML will not include any HTML, HEAD or BODY tags. Also not that when this is selected, there will be no inlined CSS but you will have to define the necessary classes yourself. --version Display version number and exit --mandir=<dir> Set a directory in which roffit will check for other man pages (in nroff [name].[num] format) that this one refers to. If found, a <a href> link will be made to that page with a html extension instead of the number. The file name in the generated link will be prefixed by the dir given with --hrefdir. This works for references specified as manpage(3) (within the emhpasis foformatting) and in a plain .BR section (often used in the SEE ALSO section). --hrefdir=<dir> Specify a directory to prefix generated href links created with the --mandir option. This defaults to ".". CSS CLASSES
h2.nroffsh The nroff ".SH" section. These are normally the "headlines" before each sub section within the man page. p.nroffip The nroff ".IP" section. These are normally the bullet kind used to list each option out of several in a list. Usually followed by a p.level0 containining the descriptive text. p.level0 Normal text at the first level. Normally not indented. p.level1 Text at next logical indent level. Normally indented one level right. p.level2 Text at the second logical indent level. Normally indented two levels right. span.bold Text marked to be bold. span.manpage Text marked as a reference to another man page. span.emphasis Text marked to be emphasized. p.roffit Used for the advertising final paragraph. WWW
http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/roffit roffit 0.6 27 Feb 2004 roffit(1)