Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting from dos dir a: to similar to a dds tape? Post 31404 by krishnamarajuc on Thursday 7th of November 2002 09:53:23 AM
Old 11-07-2002
dos like commands

use the command

"lsdir a:" in sco-unix

"mdir a:" in dec-alpha unix

or reply to this with your unix/linux version...
so that I can give you the exact command syntax...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DDS Tape Drives

How do I find if a server contains a DDS3 or a DDS2 drive remotely ? I checked in SMIT and I noticed the description field according to tape drives, but is there another more thorough way? Thanks, Luke (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skywlkr235
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DDS-2 Sun tape drive

Hey guys, I'm trying to mount a SUN DDS-2 tape drive on a SUN Ultra 80 machine running Solaris 9. I had the SCSI drive connected at time of install, I'm very new to Solaris so I don't know if Solaris would detect the drive like that and install some form of device driver. But, what im posting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Copy Tape Drive DDS-01.

Hello, I am trying to copy a boot tape DDS-01 with miniroot, but i donīt get this copy. i have already used the command dd, but donīt work. There are other way to get it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carelias
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how I change dir in dos

Hi I have a dos batch file in window server where I call a cmd command for creating some db. this cmd commad is located in e:\data\abcd\xyz.cmd. Now I call this batch file from unix ssh.sh but my access point is D in window server here I want to change the dos prompt to e:\data\abcd. in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP Unix 10.20 DDS Tape Driver Corruption

Dear Experts and Advanced User, I encounter a rare problem as mentioned above. I am not able to read the tape cartridge using the following command: #dd if=/dev/rmt/0mnb ibs=16k | tar tvf - It will prompt me with the message saying DD I/O error, broken pipe; everytime the above command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stufftiger
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with DDS data tape

Hi all I have BIG headache with an old unix server I have and I need some help and ideas how to solve them effectively. Thanks in advance ***Story*** I have an OLD SCO OpenServer 5 release 5 server with DDS4 tape device. I also have a box full of DDS4 tapes with data inside. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaos83_2000
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS script to grab the first file in a dir and rename it

:confused: Hello, Is there any way to use the dir command / some DOS Script to select only first file of similar pattern of files in a direcotory and rename it for example, one directory has 5 files abc_1005.txt abc_5256.txt abc_2001.txt abc_2003.txt abc_3006.txt by use script I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav525
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS Dir - listing of full path and timestamp

Hi, (Apologies, I'm sure I'm not the first person to raise this question but so far in my searches haven't found a good answer). I would like to output a listing per line of filename (including full path) and 'last updated' timestamp. e.g: Z:\dir1\file1.txt 01/02/2010 10:43... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GM_AIX
5 Replies

9. AIX

Cleaning tape frequence for DDS

Hi All, Are there recommendations about the use of cleaning tapes in DDS devices? Should I clean the tape only when the drive indicates cleaning? Should I clean it once a month, week, even every day? Is it harmful to clean the tape every day? Thanks for your insights. --Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
4 Replies

10. AIX

Testing the dds tape drive on AIX

Hi I need to make some restore tapes for our old AIX systems I have purchased some DDS2 tapes and cleaning tapes The tape drive is rmt0 what commands can I enter to run the cleaning tape through the drive and are the any commands I can enter to test these drives prior to using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmacher
2 Replies
mdir(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   mdir(1)

Name
       mdir - display an MSDOS directory

Note of warning
       This  manpage  has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation, and may not be entirely accurate or complete.  See the
       end of this man page for details.

Description
       The mdir command is used to display an MS-DOS directory. Its syntax is:

mdir [-/] [-f] [-w] [-a] [-b] msdosfile [ msdosfiles...]

Mdir displays the contents of MS-DOS directories, or the entries for some MS-DOS files.

Mdir supports the following command line options:

/      Recursive output, just like Dos' -s option

w      Wide output.  With this option, mdir prints the filenames across the page without displaying the file size or creation date.

a      Also list hidden files.

f      Fast.  Do not try to find out free space.  On larger disks, finding out the amount of free space takes up some non trivial amount of
	      time,  as the whole FAT must be read in and scanned.  The -f flag bypasses this step.  This flag is not needed on FAT32 filesystems,
	      which store the size explicitely.

b      Concise listing. Lists each directory name or filename, one per line (including the filename extension).	This  switch  displays	no
	      heading information and no summary. Only a newline separated list of pathnames is displayed.

An error occurs if a component of the path is not a directory.

See Also
       Mtools' texinfo doc

Viewing the texi doc
       This  manpage  has  been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only approximative, and some
       items, such as crossreferences, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate repre-
       sentation  in  the manpage format.  Moreover, not all information has been translated into the manpage version.	Thus I strongly advise you
       to use the original texinfo doc.  See the end of this manpage for instructions how to view the texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips mtools.dvi

*      To generate a html copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A premade html can be found at: `http://mtools.linux.lu' and also at: `http://www.tux.org/pub/knaff/mtools'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as html.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due  to  the
       quoting conventions used in info.

mtools-3.9.8							      02Jun01								   mdir(1)