Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about create Makefile
Top Forums Programming about create Makefile Post 31381 by mzp on Thursday 7th of November 2002 02:18:13 AM
Old 11-07-2002
Data about create Makefile

hello!
i want to create a Makefile on the freebsd 4.5,so i vi the hello.c

#include
int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
printf(''Hello, GNU!\n'');
return 0;
}

#autoscan
#cp configure.scan configure.in
#vi configure.in
modify:AC_OUTPUT AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)
#aclocal
#autoconf
#vi Makefile.am

AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS= foreign
bin_PROGRAMS= hello
hello_SOURCES= hello.c

#automake --add-missing
configure.in: 17: No files mentioned in `AC_OUTPUT'

BUT WHY???

thank you very much!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile cant create new install path

..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake does not create Makefile.in

hi all, I have written a simple C program hello.c and a Makefile.ac but when i try to run automake it does not create Makefile.in hence I am not able to run ./configure command in my directory. Following are the containts of my prog. hello.c -------- Code: #include<stdio.h> main() {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create Makefile from source files

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a makefile for a set of source files. Several sources files are given but we are not allowed to modify them. The goal is to create a makefile such that if a change is made to any of the source code files, the project can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu1228
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile instructions to create directories (CentOS7 , GNU Make 3.82)

Hello, My makefiles are set up to generate an environment specific build directory based on the local configuration and some values passed to make. It generally looks like, # compilers, may be passed to make CC++ = g++ FCOMP = gfortran # version of program, may be passed to make ver =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
AUTOMAKE(1)							   User Commands						       AUTOMAKE(1)

NAME
automake - manual page for automake 1.15.1 SYNOPSIS
automake-1.15 [OPTION]... [Makefile]... DESCRIPTION
Generate Makefile.in for configure from Makefile.am. Operation modes: --help print this help, then exit --version print version number, then exit -v, --verbose verbosely list files processed --no-force only update Makefile.in's that are out of date -W, --warnings=CATEGORY report the warnings falling in CATEGORY Dependency tracking: -i, --ignore-deps disable dependency tracking code --include-deps enable dependency tracking code Flavors: --foreign set strictness to foreign --gnits set strictness to gnits --gnu set strictness to gnu Library files: -a, --add-missing add missing standard files to package --libdir=DIR set directory storing library files --print-libdir print directory storing library files -c, --copy with -a, copy missing files (default is symlink) -f, --force-missing force update of standard files Warning categories include: gnu GNU coding standards (default in gnu and gnits modes) obsolete obsolete features or constructions override user redefinitions of Automake rules or variables portability portability issues (default in gnu and gnits modes) extra-portability extra portability issues related to obscure tools syntax dubious syntactic constructs (default) unsupported unsupported or incomplete features (default) all all the warnings no-CATEGORY turn off warnings in CATEGORY none turn off all the warnings error treat warnings as errors Files automatically distributed if found (always): ABOUT-GNU INSTALL config.rpath ltconfig ABOUT-NLS NEWS config.sub ltmain.sh AUTHORS README depcomp mdate-sh BACKLOG THANKS install-sh missing COPYING TODO libversion.in mkinstalldirs COPYING.DOC ar-lib ltcf-c.sh py-compile COPYING.LESSER compile ltcf-cxx.sh texinfo.tex COPYING.LIB config.guess ltcf-gcj.sh ylwrap ChangeLog Files automatically distributed if found (under certain conditions): acconfig.h config.h.bot configure configure.in aclocal.m4 config.h.top configure.ac stamp-vti AUTHOR
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl@gnu.org>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-automake@gnu.org>. GNU Automake home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/>. General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for automake is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and automake programs are properly installed at your site, the command info automake should give you access to the complete manual. automake 1.15.1 March 2018 AUTOMAKE(1)