Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail from Cronjob
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mail from Cronjob Post 31362 by LivinFree on Wednesday 6th of November 2002 05:05:01 PM
Old 11-06-2002
No crond I've ever seen mails on success, just failures.
You can set up the program/script/command to mail on success...

For the other issue, try reading the results of the command "man crontab"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob

Please can someone help me. I need to set up a cron job to measure CPU usage, Disk I/O and memory usage over a period of 1 minute along with the number of users logged into the system. I also need to send it to another user besides myself every hour. Please can someone help me! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob - Redirect mail output to file, LINES & COLUMNS

I currently have an expect script that issues the 'mail' command and sends an 'x' when it receives the & prompt from mail to quit. The expect script is able to do stty rows 100 columns 200 < $spawn_out(slave,name) to set up the number of columns and rows. I would like to get rid of the expect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jharvey
0 Replies

4. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob to notify by mail

I am planning some tasks that I need send mails regularly to my team members. I think to use cronjob with script to do it. Two init files are prepared, I can change the format if you ask for. name.txt: Bill bill@xxx.com Peter peter@xxx.com James james@xxx.com Tasks_list.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] crontab [-elr] DESCRIPTION
crontab is the program used to install, deinstall, or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var/cron, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the /var/cron/allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /var/cron/allow file does not exist but the /var/cron/deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /var/cron/deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, depending on the compiled in settings, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or everyone will be allowed to use this command. On NetBSD everyone is allowed to use this command. The default maximum size for a crontab is 256 kilobytes, but this may be changed for all users on the system by putting the desired maximum size (in bytes) in the /var/cron/maxtabsize file. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/var/cron/allow Optional list of users that are allowed to use crontab. /var/cron/deny Optional list of users that are disallowed to use crontab. /var/cron/maxtabsize Maximum size of crontab files. Defaults to 256 kilobytes. /var/cron/tabs/ Directory containing the individual user crontab files, named after the user. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic Version 3 AT&T UNIX syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> BSD
May 6, 2010 BSD