Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx Post 31292 by Neo on Tuesday 5th of November 2002 01:53:22 PM
Old 11-05-2002
From the mailx man page:

Straight from the mailx man page:

Code:
 mail [-iInv] [-s subject] [-c cc-addr] [-b bcc-addr] to-addr...
 mail [-iInNv] -f [name]
 mail [-iInNv] [-u user]

seems like you have a cc flag already.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mailx

How can I send a file of Unix usernames to everyone on the file without making an alias in my .mailrc file? Using a mailx command. Thanks, J.J. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JJJ
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx to to Dl

Is there any way that I can mailx to a distribution list without having a $HOME/.mailrc file? We have a distribution list in Outlook for our group say group@something.com. I am trting to do echo "Something"|mailx -s "Subject" group@something.com it doesnt work Any ideas? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sm321
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with mailx

I want to send a message with an attachment from Unix using the following command: uuencode $DIRNAME/$FILENAME1 | mailx -s "test subject" xyz@xyz I need to attach the file and I also want a simple message body like "there is an error. Please check it". Do I need to have this message body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MAILX help

Hello all, how do I view the default mail configurations using the mailx problem? At the moment, I have an account, and all the mail to that account is being routed to an email address, how can I view this behaviour? Also, is there anyway I can view the default mail settings for a server without... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx

Hi, Thanks in Advance !! I have a korn script which is used to mail the reports to the users. I'm using the mailx utility. The uid used for running the script is "cronman", so the mails recieved by users are id FROM:"cronman". Now i want to change the FROM address to another user name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

MailX

Hi, I am not able to send direct mails from our unix server to our lotus notes id. It was fine until we upgrade our Lotus notes server. What are the changes need to add when we upgrade Lotus notes. Please advice. It run in sh file This is the statement uuencode $RTDIR/$filename... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajani_p
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

9. Linux

Mailx

We have configured mailx Linux server. When send mail from Linux server it is not going How to trouble shoot the root cause step by step (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsuper
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with mailx

Hi Gurus, I have a solaris zone. I am finding a issue in the situation below. When I tried to send a mail in this format its failing. : mailx -s "test mail f" xxxxxx@yy.com But its working just fine if I use echo. echo "test body"|mailx -s "test mail " xxxxxxx@yy.com Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies
MHMAIL(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								 MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)