Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ram structure
Operating Systems HP-UX Ram structure Post 31261 by Dorian on Tuesday 5th of November 2002 07:03:08 AM
Old 11-05-2002
Question Ram structure

Hi all,
I would like know if we can enter a command under UNIX (HPUX 10.xx) to know the hard ram memory structure .

Thanks

Dorian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting RAM size

Sir, How can i get the RAM size .Is there is any predefined function ..Howsir??? Thanks In advance, ArunKumar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAM Drive

I need to have fast access to some of my files (like 5 Gb). Im on: Linux franklin3 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux How can I load my files in my RAM ? Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gab
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

4. HP-UX

RAM size

hi, while i am working in hpux 11.23 using a telnet connection how do i check the RAM size and hard disk size? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

6. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Type of RAM

Hello All Is there a way I can find out the type of RAM (DDR1 or DDR2 or DDR3), I'm using withoout opening the cabinet? Any Windows command? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Physical RAM

Hi, I have a server (BL460c) with 32G of physical RAM. It currently only uses approx 5% its capacity but will use more (not sure how much more) pending the launch of further applications. If I need to build another node of similar functionality should I consider downgrading the physical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to update the RAM

hi, i m working on my ubuntu 12.10 i wanted to update my desktop's RAM. so kindly let me know how i get below details (thru commands in terminal) 1) what is the processor am using currently 2) what is the RAM am using currently 3) max how much i can upgrade my RAM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandpasunoori
4 Replies
NEW-KERNEL-PKG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 NEW-KERNEL-PKG(8)

NAME
new-kernel-pkg - tool to script kernel installation SYNOPSIS
new-kernel-pkg [-v] [--mkinitrd] [--rminitrd] [--dracut] [--initrdfile=initrd-image [--depmod] [--rmmoddep] [--kernel-args=args] [--remove-args=args] [--banner=banner] [--multiboot=multiboot] [--mbargs=mbargs] [--make-default] [--add-dracut-args] [--add-plymouth-initrd] [--host-only] <--install | --remove | --update | --rpmposttrans> <kernel-version> DESCRIPTION
new-kernel-pkg is a tool used in packaging to automate the installation of a new kernel, including the creation of an initial ram filesys- tem image, updating of bootloader configuration, and other associated tasks. OPTIONS
-v Be verbose. --mkinitrd Create a new initial ram filesystem image. --rminitrd Remove an initial ram filesystem image. --dracut When creating a new initial ram filesystem image, use dracut(8) rather than mkinitrd(8). Used in conjunction with --mkinitrd . --initrdfile=initrd-image Use the specified file as the initial ram filesystem image. --depmod Create modules.dep and related files. --rmmoddep Remove modules.dep and related files. --kernel-args=args Use args as the boot command line for this kernel. --remove-args=args Remove specified kernel arguments for this kernel. --banner=banner Display banner as the banner text in the bootloader. --multiboot=multiboot-image Use multiboot-image as a multiboot image. --mbargs=mbargs Use mbargs as arguments to the multiboot image. --make-default Make this kernel the default boot option. --add-dracut-args Automatically generate dracut options and add them to the kernel command line. --add-plymouth-initrd Automatically add plymouth to the initial ram filesystem image. --host-only Make an initial ram filesystem image that is specific to the running system. --install kernel-version Install a new kernel. --remove kernel-version Remove an installed kernel. --update kernel-version Update the specified kernel. --rpmposttrans kernel-version Run the rpmposttrans for the specified kernel. SEE ALSO
grubby(8) installkernel(8) AUTHORS
Erik Troan Jeremy Katz Peter Jones Wed Apr 14 2010 NEW-KERNEL-PKG(8)