Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions mapping FTP site as local drive Post 31226 by Neo on Monday 4th of November 2002 02:18:40 PM
Old 11-04-2002
cerberusofhate is now READ ONLY.

BANNED from posting for breaking numerous rules. -Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

percentage sign in a drive mapping ?

Good day all, I'm hoping someone can help me understand what the percentage sign is and does in mapping a drive to a server ? I provided the example for you. (ie \\server1\share%simon) thanks simon2000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
2 Replies

2. Solaris

OpenSolaris 2008.11 Hard Drive Device mapping

Dear Solaris Experts, I am a bit confused about OpenSolaris Hard Drive device mapping. On RedHat Linux based system, an IDE on first channel master drive is mapped as /dev/hda, first channel slave drive will be /dev/hdb, etc. For (Open)Solaris systems I found it as /dev/rdsk/c3d0p0 : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text file in Local Drive

Hi All, I am new in Shell Script. I have a ksh script running in the Unix Server and basically in that script I need to create a text file but the text file has to be generated in the local PC (the user computer such as in C:\ drive). I have no idea on how to do it and I need it pretty urgently.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yramli
2 Replies

4. Web Development

Creating a blog site on a local computer

Hello! I would like to create a blog website on a web domain of mine. The blog will be used for publishing economics-lated articles. I tried to use a few open source packages for blog creation (WorldPress, b2evolution, Movable type) which I wanted to test on a local computer before arranging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
5 Replies

5. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

configuring site-local IPv6 address

How do I configure site-local IPv6 address in HP-UX box? I can get link local IPv6 address automatically when I put IPv6 up. aps39-88-root# ifconfig lan0 inet6 up (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

drive mapping

What is the eqiuvalent of /dev/dsk/rdsk in linux vs Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
1 Replies

8. Debian

How to install package from local hard drive?

Hello, I want to install a .deb package which I already have on the hard drive. I have tried to edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the file but apt-get says it can't find it. The package is not in the Debian repository. Debian 6.0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping drive

please forgive me. i know this is unix forum. CIFS can map to shared windows folder. i just wonder if windows can map to unix shared folder. if yes, please enlight me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
5 Replies
FLAME(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FLAME(1)

NAME
flame -- reply to Usenet News posting automatically SYNOPSIS
flame [options] [filename] DESCRIPTION
Flame is a AI tool providing an automated method for replying to articles posted to Usenet News. Special care is paid to allow the user to specify the type of reply he desires. The following options are supported by flame: -- Take input from stdin. -x regexp Crosspost to all newsgroups matching regexp. -n number Post this reply number times. -b Reply in BIFF MODE. -d Delay response until original posting expires. -m Misdirect to a random Author. -r ROT13 quotes from original posting. -g regexp Reply to all messages in newsgroups matching regexp. -A Call the Author Assh*le in 12 languages. -B Bait the Author. -C Accuse the Author of communist leanings. -D Denigrate the Author. -E Picks apart the Author's educational background. -F Accuse the Author of fascist leanings. -G Post using Greek insult module. -H Accuse the Author of homophobic leanings. -I Question the Author's intelligence. -J Accuse the Author of purchasing Japanese imports. -K Accuse the Author of working for the KGB, MOSSAD, CIA, or MI5 as appropriate. -L Post using Latin insult module. -M Insult the Author's mother. -N Accuse the Author of Neo-Nazi leanings. -O Quote obscure references proving falsehood of the posting. -P Question the Author's parentage. -Q Accuse the Author of deviant sexual practices. -R Accuse the Author of racist leaning. -S Accuse the Author of sexist leanings. -T Accuse the Author of cross dressing. -U State that the Author just doesn't understand anything. -V Pretend sympathy for Author's virgin sensibilities. -W Accuse the Author of voting for George Bush. -X Prepend obscene adjectives wherever syntactically correct. -Y Accuse the Author of PLO membership. -Z Accuse the Author of Zionist leanings. ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable FLAME_TYPE can be set to any combination of the above parameters, and will be used as the default flame type to generate. The environment variable OBSCENE points to a file containing miscellaneous obscene adjectives for the -X option above. MACROS
Macro Support will be added to the next release of flame. AUTHOR
Unknown FILES
.lastflame This file contains the number of the last article flamed. Used when flameing an entire newsgroup. .prefflame This file contains the user's preferred flames. .altflame This file contains alternate phrasing of some of the more standard flames. Used to keep the program from flaming itself. SEE ALSO
rn(1), more(1), newsrc(5), readnews(1), Pnews(1), Rnmail(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Self Documenting. BUGS
Occasionally, flame will turn on the user, and flame all outgoing postings. When this happens, the best thing to do reinstall your news software and flame. FLAME(1)