Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Create a lib from a c program Post 31223 by npires on Monday 4th of November 2002 02:00:10 PM
Old 11-04-2002
What I am looking for is the standard c way for creating libs in unix, as standard as possible.

The os I am using is "SunOS 5.6"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

HOw to load dynamic lib from a statically linked program ?

I need to load a dynamic library from a statically linked program. Is there a way without recompiling my program. when i try to do that my program just crashes. If not possible, how can I avoid crashing the program when i try to load the dynamic lib, again without recompiling. If my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
1 Replies

2. Programming

Using a C program to create directories in UNIX

Aloha, I'm attempting to use a C program to create directories and then use a system call to have another program write .dat files into that directory. I understand that I could use the "system("mkdir directory_name")" function however, I would like my program to create a new directory each time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloha_boi
3 Replies

3. Programming

How to create a new unix user in through a c program

Hi , I want to create a new user using c program not with unix adduser command . is it possible to write a cprogram to create a new user account , it should accept username , grouid , group name and all other privilages . i can use system calls inside c program to do this . i will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a .dll using cygwin and a .lib

Hi, I inherited a .lib file that I need to use to make a .dll file from a c++ file. I am able to do this in visual studio but I can not do this using cygwin. I would like to build the dll using the commandline in order to create a make file. Can someone help me. I would really appreciate it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsoleyma
0 Replies

5. Programming

create sound using C program

I could not recall the function in C to generate diff type of sounds. Can somebody help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program to create a RPM name

Hi Guru,s/Geek,s I need help to create RPM names from rpms. Example : a2ps-4.14-6.fc10.i386 perl-Email-Find-0.10-2.fc10.noarch directfb-1.2.7-2.fc10.i386 libid3tag-0.15.1b-7.fc10.i386 apr-util-1.3.7-1.fc10.i386 libquicktime-1.0.3-4.fc10.i386 The Desired Output is : a2ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

8. Programming

Can I create a shared object by using an static lib?

for example, I have a static lib name liba.a it offers some interface such a1();a2(); but i do not have the source code of liba.a; If i would like to create a shared object, and offer the similar interface of a1 and a2; Is there a way to fulfill such requirement? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flost
7 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

create a program that runs two processes linked oven

I need help program in C... :create a program that runs two processes linked oven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a program illustrating SUID

To understand SUID feature, I set SUID bit for a SHELL script. Then I executed the program by a different user. In order to understand how it works, I tried different ways like: 1) I didn't give execute permission for the other user (not an owner) and then he tried to execute it. 2) I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
15 Replies
xslt-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    xslt-config(1)

NAME
xslt-config - script to get information about the installed version of libxslt SYNOPSIS
xslt-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xslt-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use libxslt. OPTIONS
xslt-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of libxslt on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a libxslt program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a libxslt program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libxslt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the executable prefix that libxslt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHORS
Daniel Veillard (daniel@veillard.com) NOTES
Source for libxslt is available in the SUNWlxslS package. Documentation for libxslt is available on-line at http://www.xmlsoft.org/XSLT. 17 Jul 2002 xslt-config(1)