Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: memory regain
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers memory regain Post 31159 by macdonto on Saturday 2nd of November 2002 08:18:49 PM
Old 11-02-2002
Wow.....

Ok that was an answer and then some. Thank you very much for taking the time to expain it and to provide the ability for me to go go find the sources. I had done a search on memory on this sight and read that replay and many others but never quite found the answer i wanted.

thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared memory shortage but lots of unused memory

I am running HP-UX B.11.11. I'm increasing a parameter for a database engine so that it uses more memory to buffer the disk drive (to speed up performance). I have over 5GB of memory not being used. But when I try to start the DB with the increased buffer parameter I get told. "Not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjcamaro
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to round up a memory address(memory alignment problem)

Hi, I try to marshal a unsigned int and a char * into a buffer, and then unmarshal them later to get them out. I need to put the char * in the front and unsigned int at the end of the buffer. However, my system always give me "BUS ERROR". I am using Sun Sparcs Sloris 2.10. My code to marshal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
6 Replies

3. AIX

ulimits max locked memory virtual memory

Hi, Would any one be so kind to explain me : are ulimits defined for each user seperately ? When ? Specialy what is the impact of : max locked memory and virtual memory on performance of applications for a user. Many thanks. PS : this is what I can see in MAN : ulimit ] ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

6. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. Solaris

relationship or difference between entitled memory and locked memory

Hello solaris experts, Being new to solaris containers, from Linux, feeling difficulty in understanding certain concepts. Hope somebody can help me here. I understand that, & some questions .... Locked memory -- memory which will not be swapped out at any cause. is this for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
0 Replies

8. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to regain the focus back to the launch window?

Consider this code snippet below:- char=`which afplay` if then xterm -e 'while true; do clear; echo "Press Ctrl-C to Quit..."; afplay /tmp/pulse.wav; done' & > /dev/null 2>&1 fi This launches a second terminal window that generates a specific waveform for the next calibration of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
UPSCLI_LIST_NEXT(3)						    NUT Manual						       UPSCLI_LIST_NEXT(3)

NAME
upscli_list_next - retrieve list items from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_list_next(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query, int *numa, char ***answer) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_list_next() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It performs a read from the network and expects to find either another list item or the end of a list. You must call upscli_list_start(3) before calling this function. This function will return 1 and set values in numa and answer if a list item is received. If the list is done, it will return 0, and the values in numa and answer are undefined. Calling this function after it returns something other than 1 is undefined. QUERY FORMATTING
You may not change the values of numq or query between the call to upscli_list_start(3) and the first call to this function. You also may not change the values between calls to this function. ANSWER FORMATTING
The contents of numa and answer work just like a call to upscli_get(3). The values returned by upsd(8) are identical to a single item request, so this is not surprising. ERROR CHECKING
This function checks the response from upsd(8) against your query. If the response is not part of the list you have requested, it will return an error code. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_list_next() function returns 1 when list data is present, 0 if the list is finished, or -1 if an error occurs. It is possible to have an empty list. The function will return 0 for its first call in that case. SEE ALSO
upscli_list_start(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSCLI_LIST_NEXT(3)