Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ctime & find
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ctime & find Post 3113 by PxT on Friday 22nd of June 2001 03:33:34 PM
Old 06-22-2001
You can "touch" a file with a specified datestamp using the "-t" option. Then use find with the "! -cnewer <I>file</I>" options.

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find ot ctime , mtime ,atime

Can any one tell me how to find out ctime , mtime ,atime for a file/directory on unix. Cheers, Nilesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime

I know that find -ctime +1 will find ALL files that have been modified that are greater than 1 day old and -ctime 1 will find files that are ONLY 1 day old -ctime -1 mean files that are less than a day old? Can find actually use this granularity? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime

startdate="2012_07_04-16:14:4" path1="/home/drdos/sample" days=0 find $path1 -name "*$startdate*" > teste.txt while do find $path1 -name "*.zip" ctime $days > teste.txt days=`expr $days + 1` done echo " Files that are near the string u search are on teste.txt"Hi to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

7. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

find "/path" -type f -ctime +30

When I use the command find "/abc/xyz" -type f -ctime +30 getting the error as find:"/abc/xyz /lost+found: Permission Denied" I tired find "/abc/xyz" -type d \( ! lost+found \) -type f -ctime +30 The error is find: paths must precede expression Usage: find Tried find "/abc/xyz"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anithab
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime -1 cannot find files without extention

The problem is this one. I tar and gzip files on remote server Code: find . -ctime -1 | tar -cvf transfer_dmz_start_daily.tar *${Today}*.*; Command Code: find . -ctime -1 Doesn't find files without extension Code: .csv .txt I have to collect all files for current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime -1 cannot find files without extention

The problem is this one. I tar and gzip files on remote server find . -ctime -1 | tar -cvf transfer_dmz_start_daily.tar *${Today}*.*; Command find . -ctime -1 Doesn't find files without extension .csv .txt I have to collect all files for current day, when the program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with 'find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f'?

Have you tried running the command below? On the same RHEl 6.8 or 6.6. It will give you different output. find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f rpm -qa|grep find findutils-4.4.2-9.el6.x86_64 # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago) # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
6 Replies
TPCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TPCTL(8)

NAME
tpctl -- touch panel calibration utility SYNOPSIS
tpctl [-D dispdevname] [-d devname] [-f filename] [-hnuv] DESCRIPTION
tpctl is a touch panel calibration utility. tpctl calibrates a touch panel and saves and restores the calibration parameters into/from a parameter database file. Available command-line flags are: -D dispdevname Specify display device name. -d devname Specify touch panel device name. -f filename Specify alternate parameter database file name. -h Print brief description. -n Do not change the parameter database file. -u Force calibration. Without this flag, tpctl won't do calibration if the database file already contains parameters for the touch panel. -v Verbose mode. You calibrate the touch panel the first time you run tpctl. If you see a cross cursor on the screen, you should tap the center of the cursor to calibrate the touch panel, or you can abort the calibration with the 'ESC' key. Five cursors will appear on the screen in turn. Once calibration is done, tpctl saves the calibration parameters into the database file and uses the saved parameters to calibrate the touch panel. You can run tpctl automatically with /etc/rc.d/tpctl. FILES
/etc/tpctl.dat The default calibration parameter database file. The -f flag may be used to specify an alternate database file name. tpctl will create an empty database file if it doesn't exist. /dev/ttyE0 The default display device, which is used to display the cursor during calibration. The -D flag may be used to specify an alternate display device name. The display device must provide the 'hpcfb' interface as defined in /usr/include/dev/hpc/hpcfbio.h. /dev/wsmux0 The default touch panel device. The -d flag may be used to specify an alternate touch panel device name. SEE ALSO
rc.conf(5) BUGS
tpctl isn't available on all ports because it requires a display device which provides the 'hpcfb' interface. BSD
August 25, 2002 BSD