Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 9-track dinosaur
Operating Systems HP-UX 9-track dinosaur Post 31108 by Perderabo on Friday 1st of November 2002 10:13:56 AM
Old 11-01-2002
I don't have an 11.0 system with a tape2 driver but the man page implies that this should work. How were the 1600 special files created? What does
lsdev /dev/rmt/c1t4d0D1600
and
lsdev /dev/rmt/c1t4d0wD1600b
report?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Problem with dinosaur's kernel - Xenix 386 2.3.4

After booting from the N1 floppy I see: kernel: WARNING: No floating point emulator found in /etc/emulator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Track changes in files

All, Is there any command or method by which we can track changes in a file in Unix (Something similar to track changes in a word document). I know there is CVS which is used to store code changes and track changes in the code. But other than CVS any way to find out changes done in a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

keep track of every user

dear all , I m new to shell programming and I need your help. Actually i want to keep track of all the commands executed in a bash prompt of users , very much in same manner as it is displayed when we run "history" command. now the users are smart enough as they delete their history by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xander
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep track of filename in different shell

Guys I am trying to install the pkg using the follwoing script. Trying to run the script from one machine to other machines with the follwoing code. Now my problem is, when I use scp command on the remote machine, how do i keep track of filename in some variable or that sort of thing. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Track and kill the PIDS

I have a script that conducts some SSH calls and I would like to capture the child info so that I can do a sleep and then a cleanup to make sure they do not stay out there as ghosts. I was told I could do something like this... #!/bin/sh for m = job1, job2, job3 x=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
4 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

keep track of devices using snmp

hello all, i want to keep track of all my devices using snmp, check for intrusion. any ideas? T (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemseffert
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Track user

Hi, i suddenly realized that a directory is deleted unfortunately there are many user have pervilages on this directory is there a way to track the user who delete this directory or atleast from now can i enable something so that i can track from now I think there is way from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackgeek
2 Replies
lsdev(1M)																 lsdev(1M)

NAME
lsdev - list device drivers in the system SYNOPSIS
driver | class] block_major] char_major] major] [major ...] DESCRIPTION
The command lists, one pair per line, the major device numbers and driver names of device drivers configured into the system and available for invocation via special files. A in either the block or character column means that a major number does not exist for that type. If no arguments are specified, lists all drivers configured into the system. If the option is specified, will not print a heading. This option may be useful when the output of will be used by another program. The and options are used to select specific device drivers for output. If more than one option is specified, all drivers that match the criteria specified by those options will be listed. These search options are divided into two types: name search keys (the and options) and major number search keys (the and options). If both types of options are present, only entries that match both types are printed. The same type of option may appear more than once on the command line with each occurrence providing an ORing effect of that search type. The and options may not be specified at the same time. The ability to process major arguments is provided for compatibility and functions like the option. Options List device drivers that match class. List device drivers with the name driver. List device drivers with a block major number of block_major. List device drivers with a character major number of char_major. List device drivers with either a character major number or block major equal to major. DIAGNOSTICS
The and options may not be specified at the same time. A major number is malformed or out of range. EXAMPLES
To output entries for all drivers in the class: To output entries that are in the class that have either a block or character major number of To get the character major number of into a shell environment variable: WARNINGS
Some device drivers available from the system may be intended for use by other drivers. Attempting to use them directly from a special file may produce unexpected results. A driver may be listed even when the hardware requiring the driver is not present. Attempts to access a driver without the corresponding hardware will fail. only lists drivers that are configured into the currently executing kernel. For a complete list of available drivers, please run (see sam(1M). DEPENDENCIES
Since relies on the device driver information provided in a routine, may not list drivers installed by other means. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
sam(1M). Section 7 entries related to specific device drivers. lsdev(1M)