Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ctime & find
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ctime & find Post 3110 by 98_1LE on Friday 22nd of June 2001 12:08:10 PM
Old 06-22-2001
ctime & find

I am trying to figure out the syntax to use find to remove files older than 30 minutes. I know that this will work for files 1 day old, but cannot seem to trim the time down to 30 minutes.
Code:
find /path/to/file -ctime +1 -exec rm -f {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find ot ctime , mtime ,atime

Can any one tell me how to find out ctime , mtime ,atime for a file/directory on unix. Cheers, Nilesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime

I know that find -ctime +1 will find ALL files that have been modified that are greater than 1 day old and -ctime 1 will find files that are ONLY 1 day old -ctime -1 mean files that are less than a day old? Can find actually use this granularity? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime

startdate="2012_07_04-16:14:4" path1="/home/drdos/sample" days=0 find $path1 -name "*$startdate*" > teste.txt while do find $path1 -name "*.zip" ctime $days > teste.txt days=`expr $days + 1` done echo " Files that are near the string u search are on teste.txt"Hi to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

7. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

find "/path" -type f -ctime +30

When I use the command find "/abc/xyz" -type f -ctime +30 getting the error as find:"/abc/xyz /lost+found: Permission Denied" I tired find "/abc/xyz" -type d \( ! lost+found \) -type f -ctime +30 The error is find: paths must precede expression Usage: find Tried find "/abc/xyz"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anithab
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime -1 cannot find files without extention

The problem is this one. I tar and gzip files on remote server Code: find . -ctime -1 | tar -cvf transfer_dmz_start_daily.tar *${Today}*.*; Command Code: find . -ctime -1 Doesn't find files without extension Code: .csv .txt I have to collect all files for current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime -1 cannot find files without extention

The problem is this one. I tar and gzip files on remote server find . -ctime -1 | tar -cvf transfer_dmz_start_daily.tar *${Today}*.*; Command find . -ctime -1 Doesn't find files without extension .csv .txt I have to collect all files for current day, when the program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with 'find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f'?

Have you tried running the command below? On the same RHEl 6.8 or 6.6. It will give you different output. find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f rpm -qa|grep find findutils-4.4.2-9.el6.x86_64 # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago) # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
6 Replies
crontab(5)							File Formats Manual							crontab(5)

Name
       crontab - clock daemon table file

Syntax
       /usr/lib/crontab

Description
       The  command  executes  at  specified dates and times according to the instructions in the file. The file consists of lines with six fields
       each.  The format for a line is as follows:

minute hour day month weekday command

The following list defines each field in the line:

minute (0-59)  The exact minute that the command sequence executes.

hour (0-23)    The hour of the day that the command sequence executes.

day (1-31)     The day of the month that the command sequence executes.

month (1-12)   The month of the year that the command sequence executes.

weekday (1-7)  The day of the week that the command sequence executes. Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, and so forth.

command	      The complete command sequence variable that is to be executed.  Note that the command string must conform  to  Bourne  shell
		      syntax.

The first five integer fields may be specified as follows:

o   A single number in the specified range

o   Two numbers separated by a minus, meaning a range inclusive

o   A list of numbers separated by commas, meaning any of the numbers

o   An asterisk meaning all legal values

The sixth field is a string that is executed by the shell at the specified times.  A percent sign (%) in this field is translated to a new-
       line character.	Only the first line of the command field, up to a percent sign (%) or end of line, is executed by the  shell.	The  other
       lines are made available to the command as standard input.

Examples
       The following example is part of a file:
       # periodic things
       0,15,30,45 * * * * (echo '^M' `date`; echo '') >/dev/console
       0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/lib/atrun

# daily stuff
       5 4 * * * sh /usr/adm/newsyslog
       15 4 * * * ( cd /usr/preserve; find . -mtime +7 -a -exec rm -f {} ; )
       20 4 * * * find /usr/msgs -mtime +21 -a ! -perm 444 -a ! -name bounds
	    -a -exec rm -f {} ;

# NOTE: The above line is wrapped.

# local cleanups
       30 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name df-exec rm {} ;
       35 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name tf-exec rm {} ;
       40 4 * * * find /usr/spool/rwho -type f -mtime +21 -exec rm {} ;
       #

# redirecting error output
       0 17 * * 1,3,5 /bin/tar -cv /usr/sysads/smith > /dev/console 2>&1
       #

Files
See Also
       sh(1), cron(8)
       Guide to System Environment Setup

crontab(5)