Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: spam and protection?
Special Forums Cybersecurity spam and protection? Post 31095 by Bashar on Friday 1st of November 2002 02:10:53 AM
Old 11-01-2002
you didn't get me..

not from my network , say your email address is user@usa.com and i'm from another planet and i use outlook to relay at my ISP mailserver and set the "e-mail address" to user@usa.com although an not user@usa.com and start emailing billion of users spamming and my ISP doesn't care about spam anyhow 80% of the emails bounced back to user@usa.com , your mailbox will be filled, how to avoid this and not get your mailbox filled?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override protection.....

I am having this problem......when I run this script: print -n "Enter file name to be deleted: " read answer if then rm $name else echo "No such file with the name: $name exists" fi I was trying to test my script for errors, and basically when the user had files with the rights: 400,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaveli.2003
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

protection schemes

Consider a system that supports 5,000 users. Suppose you want 4,990 of these users to be able to access one file How would you specify this protection scheme in UNIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattyboy
4 Replies

3. Linux

file security/protection

Hi All I am working on a site to help newbie to learn linux for free. demo.freelinuxconsole.info there is only one file index.php its been able to rename or deleted. Kindly let me know what permissions should i give to secure this file from editing or deleting by others. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithjack
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password protection in unix

How to create a file in UNIX which is password protected ? Thanks and Regards, Neeraj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Protection against arp spoofing

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to protect my network against arp spoofing. What it is: An attacker sends fake arp packets in the network, identifying himself as the router. All network traffic is then redirected to this attacker. How to protect myself: In my opinion, the best possible... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisperry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script protection against changes

Hi everyone, I´m trying to protect the scripts I have made from changes. At my office I´m the one who research improvements on daily tasks, and I´ve done many scripts, that I share with my partners.I´m tired because they take my scripts and make their owns with new features that don´t share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dover07
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Protection and special characters

I am learning from the class how to protect the special characters and the script that I wrote here does not work when I am trying to pick up a single quote. It would complaint about parentheses problem. Please, someone could enlighten me. Thanks in advance, Scopiop Input file Hi, * ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scopiop
2 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Log::Dispatch::Email(3)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email - Base class for objects that send log messages via email SYNOPSIS
package Log::Dispatch::Email::MySender use Log::Dispatch::Email; use base qw( Log::Dispatch::Email ); sub send_email { my $self = shift; my %p = @_; # Send email somehow. Message is in $p{message} } DESCRIPTION
This module should be used as a base class to implement Log::Dispatch::* objects that send their log messages via email. Implementing a subclass simply requires the code shown in the SYNOPSIS with a real implementation of the "send_email()" method. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor takes the following parameters in addition to the standard parameters documented in Log::Dispatch::Output: o subject ($) The subject of the email messages which are sent. Defaults to "$0: log email" o to ($ or @) Either a string or a list reference of strings containing email addresses. Required. o from ($) A string containing an email address. This is optional and may not work with all mail sending methods. o buffered (0 or 1) This determines whether the object sends one email per message it is given or whether it stores them up and sends them all at once. The default is to buffer messages. METHODS
o send_email(%p) This is the method that must be subclassed. For now the only parameter in the hash is 'message'. o flush If the object is buffered, then this method will call the "send_email()" method to send the contents of the buffer and then clear the buffer. o DESTROY On destruction, the object will call "flush()" to send any pending email. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.12.1 2009-09-22 Log::Dispatch::Email(3)