Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can I use a general printer(HP LaserJet 1200) on solaris? Post 31026 by miredale on Thursday 31st of October 2002 07:40:34 AM
Old 10-31-2002
If you want me to send you the jetdirect software, give me your email address and I'll pass it on.

Mark

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

TRUE Unix-64 Printer Driver for HP-6L laserjet.

Can anyone suggest me from where to download the printer driver for HP 6L laserjet printer for servers/desktops having TRUE Unix-64 and Unixware 7.0 OS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parbende
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting a HP printer under Solaris 9

Hello. I am trying to make work HP printer Deskjet 692C. I have Solaris 9 x86. I tried to use admintool: I choosed 'HP-printer' and 'Postscript filter' options. When I want to print something, instead of the text, the printer prints many pages of some kind of code or whatever... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peter123456789
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Printer Config for Solaris 5.9

Hi All, Am Trying to configure a Network Printer (HP Laser Jet 4250n) Printer Name hari for a Solaris 5.9 server. Output of lpstat: root: lpstat -t scheduler is running no system default destination device for hari: /dev/null hari accepting requests since Mon Jul 28 10:38:51 2008... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efunds
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Printer can't be removed under Solaris 10

Dear all, we are running a Solaris 10 8/08 Sparc system called 'test-s' where #lpstat -t shows such a line: system for mps2_p: printer-s (as lpd://printer-s/printers/mps2_p#Solaris) How can we get rid of this entry because #lpstat -x mps2_p says 'unknown printer'. THX for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xunil321
1 Replies

5. Solaris

General question about configuring DHCP on Solaris

Dears, my question is that possible to configure any server to work in solaris zone i mean any server cos i read that DHCP can't be work on solaris zone is that real or not Best Regards Alexander Corvinus (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
4 Replies

6. Solaris

eXceed and Solaris 10 - General Problems

Greetings! I do no like Exceed, but it all I have. First of all, I started my Solaris 10 with a bare minimum base install. I have built up from it with additions like sudo, gcc, and various other packages that I have needed. Now, I am trying to get Exceed to connect with the server and display a... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer setting in Solaris

I have Solaris-10 server and want to change default printer setting to Simplex (Instead of duplex, which is set currently). I am not able to see anything in conf file related to this setting. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 5.9 - HP Laserjet 9050dn

Hi there, I hope someone could shed a light on my problem. OS is running in local zone (global zone - 5.10). We use many printers from Ricoh etc. Most of them are running fine if configured as below (for Ricoh printers I use their installer): lpadmin -p _printer_ -v /dev/null -A write -i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyjan
0 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

12-Core MacPro (2013) kernel_task over 1200%

Yesterday someone asked me to install TeamViewer and share my Mac screen with them while on a conference call. I shut down my Mac before sleeping and woke up to some major problem with my 12-core CPU in hyperdrive, and the system activity monitor showed my Mac kernel_task was at 1,200% and the... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
30 Replies
pygm2n(1)						    Python Gateway mail to news 						 pygm2n(1)

NAME
pygm2n - Python Gateway mail to news SYNOPSIS
pygm2n -n newsgroups [ -s newsserver ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygm2n reads from stdin an email, sending it to newsgroups, a comma separated list without spaces of newsgroup names (at least one), rfc799 compliant. If pygm2n reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to a single-email mailbox, so pygm2n will open and read it. Note that now pyg can't read a real mailbox, with many emails. If you give it in input, pyg will post the whole mailbox as a single email. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Subscribe to a list with this user (or simply email one message to). Every email posted to this user will send to newsgroups, in its .procmailrc I've put something like: :0 bh * ^From *mailinglist-request@lists.debian.org | $HOME/pygm2n -n local.debian.mailinglist AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug, advice or opinion to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 CEST 2000 pygm2n(1)