Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A question that need an answer Plz Post 31022 by z0mbix on Thursday 31st of October 2002 05:30:40 AM
Old 10-31-2002
Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by Erythro73
I have the ports collections installed... but not this port. So... thats it...
So you have no /usr/ports/net/kmerlin directory?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stupid question but please answer

How do i save a script in unix. do i just type something like #!/bin/sh # This is a comment! echo Hello World #This is also a comment Then just go to save as and save it or what? just kinda confused me as i was reading different things and playing around (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help with this Question

Hi, I have to submit my Assignment on 27th and am new to Unix. Please help me with this question. I have attached the questions I would eagerly wait for response :( ..m really tensed :confused: thanks Monica Email removed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monicajogi80
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some important Q ! plz answer

Hii everybody here first of all i'm soo soo happy to join Unix people ... I was using computer from age 7 till now i'm 20 :D but in the past 2 years i used linux ( Ubuntu ) and i have a small Q ! while the linux is open source so how could I make changes to the application ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali87
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically answer a question raised by a command

i have installed vmware on a text base linux node now i have to vmware-configure.pl to do the initial configuration now 1st step it askes for agreeing for a " License Agreement" for that i have to say "q" and "yes" to Accept it i want to run a script with does these 3 steps... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, i need an answer to this question!!

Hello!! I need some help about a question... It was asked in exams 3 years ago in Greece and nobody is certain abou the answer. Others say that the right answer is b and others say c. I found this forum and i saw that you know a lot of things about UNIX so i hope that some of you will help me.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evoula_vou
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris JumpStarting?... Simple Yes/No Question... Unless the answer's 'No'

I'm reading through this guide, BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Solaris JumpStart With the Solaris 10 OS for x86/x64 Platforms, and I was wondering if there was more to the bash scripts than just the example given (see above link) like for begin1 and begin2 and finish1 and finish2. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR question (probably a very simple answer)

Hi All, I have a (probably) very simple tar question on a Solaris box that I'm a little embarrassed to ask. After repeatedly checking man tar and searching for solutions online (I'm not sure of the correct "keywords" to look for) The question is: If I were to use the command:tar cf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help Me in This question in Shell Programming

2- Write a bash shell script filestatic. The script should examine the number files in directories given as arguments (parameters) to this script. a. if one argument is given, the script should count and report the number of files in this directory. Only regular files should be counted, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tahseen_22334
1 Replies
aconnect(1)						      General Commands Manual						       aconnect(1)

NAME
aconnect - ALSA sequencer connection manager SYNOPSIS
aconnect [-d] [-options] sender receiver aconnect -i|-o [-options] aconnect -x DESCRIPTION
aconnect is a utility to connect and disconnect two existing ports on ALSA sequencer system. The ports with the arbitrary subscription permission, such as created by aseqview(1), can be connected to any (MIDI) device ports using aconnect. For example, to connect from port 64:0 to 65:0, run as follows: % aconnect 64:0 65:0 The connection is one-way, and the whole data to the sender port (64:0) is redirected to the receiver port (65:0). When another port (e.g. 65:1) is attached to the same sender port, the data is sent to both receiver ports. For disconnection, use -d option. % aconnect -d 64:0 65:0 The address can be given using the client's name. % aconnect External:0 Emu8000:1 Then the port 0 of the client matching with the string "External" is connected to the port 1 of the client matching with the "Emu8000". Another function of aconnect is to list the present ports on the given condition. The input ports, which may become sender ports, can be listed with -i option. % aconnect -i client 0: 'System' [type=kernel] 0 'Timer ' 1 'Announce ' client 64: 'External MIDI-0' [type=kernel] 0 'MIDI 0-0 ' Similarly, to see the output ports, use -o flag. You can remove all existing exported connections using -x option. This function is useful for terminating the ALSA drivers, because the modules with sequencer connections cannot be unloaded unless their connections are removed. OPTIONS
CONNECTION MANAGEMENT -d, --disconnect Disconnect the given subscription. -e, --exclusive Connect ports with exclusive mode. Both sender and receiver ports can be no longer connected by any other ports. -r, --real queue Convert time-stamps of event packets to the current value of the given real-time queue. This is option is, however, not so useful, since the receiver port must use (not necessarily own) the specified queue. -t, --tick queue Like -r option, but time-stamps are converted to the current value of the given tick queue. LIST PORTS -i, --input List existing input (readable) ports. This option is exclusive to -o. -o, --output List existing output (writable) ports. This option is exclusive to -i. -l, --list List the current connection status. The connected and connecting ports from/to each port are listed together. The suffix flag [ex] means the connection is exclusive. The suffix flag [real:#] and [tick:#] mean the connection includes real-time and tick conversion on the listed queue, respectively. REMOVE ALL CONNECTIONS -x, --removeall Remove all exported connections. SEE ALSO
aseqnet(1), aseqview(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> August 31, 2000 aconnect(1)