Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: login history log file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers login history log file? Post 30966 by Perderabo on Wednesday 30th of October 2002 08:26:56 AM
Old 10-30-2002
Another option is "who /var/adm/wtmp".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

??? Log file users login and logout..???

hi all... only one question.... what is the file...where show me records login and logout of the unix user's..?? thank you.... I waiting for response... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

2. AIX

history log

is there's a way i can capture my senior administrator history on aix? he make his history (sh_history) to another owner (not his own) so that his history will not be captured. is there's a global history of some kind in aix that i could look into. thanks, vene (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venerayan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User History and commnad log

Dear All I had a UNIX ( Sun solaris ) os. There are many user on that server. Now i want to find during last week who had log in to the sever and which commnad are executed by them? I also want to from which IP they had log in to the server. Is there any log file generated for user in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

4. SuSE

Linux SuSE 10 - Disable Unsuccessful Login History.

When we login to any remote connections in SuSE Linux, say for example, telnet , the following line is displayed "Last Login : Date and time is displayed" I would like to disable this. In SuSE 9, I could find the solution . Please suggest me a solution to disable the line displayed for SuSE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to login and list files to log file

Hi Guys I did a forum search for "ftp scripts" Looked at 8 pages and didnt see anything that would help. Most seem to be logging into a ftp server and transfering files. What I need to do is login to a FTP server. Goto a folder and list it so it showes newest files first. It would be nice to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorhees1979
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PID with a log/history perspective.

Hi All, Belated Merry Christmas. I have a requirement, where I need to know the entire history of all the pids, the time they got forked, when they ended and by which program. I had delved into contents of /var/log/messages, but of not much use, as it mainly houses xinetd and ntp pid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to Get Login time history in PHP?

Hi, Need a perfect user data base solution for my ecommerce website. I want to track whole activity of my end user until the user logout Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make each login shell history independent for same account?

Hello All, Many developers in our company use same application account to log in Linux Box for code development, how can i redirect my log in shell history to a different file to avoid history being shown to others or accidentally execute the same command which i or others executed? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies
AC(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						     AC(8)

NAME
ac -- display connect time accounting SYNOPSIS
ac [-d] [-p] [-w file] [users ...] DESCRIPTION
If the file /var/log/wtmp exists, a record of individual login and logout times are written to it by init(8) and login(8) respectively. The program ac examines these records and writes the accumulated connect time for all logins to the standard output. Options available: -d Display the connect times in 24 hour chunks. -p Display individual user totals. -w file Read raw connect time data from file instead of the default file /var/log/wtmp. users ... Display totals for the given individuals only. If no arguments are given, ac displays the total amount of login time for all active accounts on the system. The default wtmp file is an infinitely increasing file unless frequently truncated. This is normally done by the daily daemon scripts sched- uled by cron(8) which rename and rotate the wtmp files before truncating them (and keeping about a weeks worth on hand). No login times are collected however, if the file does not exist. FILES
/var/log/wtmp /var/log/wtmp.[0-7] rotated files SEE ALSO
init(8), sa(8), login(1), utmp(5). HISTORY
A ac command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 19, 1994 4th Berkeley Distribution