Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DG/UX : systemtape
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory DG/UX : systemtape Post 30952 by Agent_Orange on Wednesday 30th of October 2002 02:43:18 AM
Old 10-30-2002
DG/UX : systemtape

hi all,

at the moment i have to setup an dg/ux server ( R4.20MU06 ) it works fine . i have attached a tape device ( wagntek ) and /dev/rmt/0 ( 0n ... ) is created.

i want to make a systemtape from the system with the systemtape util. on the shell i typed :

Code:
systemtape -b /usr/stand/boot.pc -s /usr/stand/sysadm

and the tape is working. ok fine, but how to reinstall the systemtape ?

i've booted form floppy disk and at the boot command prompt i typed :

Code:
sd(apscpci(0),9,0,7),2,0)usr:/sysadm -l DEde

but nothing happens..... the system write Bootstrap on the screen and i wait ..and wait..and wait....

and if i want to boot per SCSI BIOS directly from the tape the same message is writing to the screen and i have to wait ....

any ideas what to do ? many many thanks to all

patrick

dev(7FS)							   File Systems 							  dev(7FS)

NAME
dev - Device name file system DESCRIPTION
The dev filesystem manages the name spaces of devices under the Solaris operating environment. The global zone's instance of the dev filesystem is mounted during boot on /dev. A subdirectory under /dev may have unique operational semantics. Most of the common device names under /dev are created automatically by devfsadm(1M). Others, such as /dev/pts, are dynamic and reflect the operational state of the system. You can manually generate device names for newly attached hardware by invoking devfsadm(1M) or implicitly, by indirectly causing a lookup or readdir operation in the filesystem to occur. For example, you can discover a disk that was attached when the system was powered down (and generate a name for that device) by invoking format(1M)). FILES
/dev Mount point for the /dev filesystem in the global zone. SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), format(1M), devfs(7FS) NOTES
The global /dev instance cannot be unmounted. SunOS 5.11 9 June 2006 dev(7FS)