Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combine two lines
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Combine two lines Post 30937 by auswipe on Tuesday 29th of October 2002 06:46:38 PM
Old 10-29-2002
Re: Re: Combine two lines

Quote:
Originally posted by criglerj
The concise perl version is similar:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -lan
/telkom/          && do { $hold = $F[0]; next };
/\d+(?:\.\d+){3}/ && do { print $F[0], " ", $hold };

Concise... <gasp> Perl code... <gasp> Hurt brain! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two lines

Hi I have a file with the records 1 A B C D 2 E F G H 3 I J K L 4 M N O P In the ouput I want 1 A B C D 2 # F G H 3 I J K L 4 M N O P How to achieve this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 2 lines

Moderator, kindly delete this thread because I already found what I needed... thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I combine the last 2 lines of a file

I tried to put the history line number and the date into the file with one command, and failed. Can't figure out how to get the date variable substituted for the last space captured. history | tail -1 | sed -e 's/.\{7\}/&/g' | head -1 | sed 's/ $/$date/' Result was: 729 $date So, I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob75
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine lines?

Hi, I have a file like this: "sdfc@abc.com","arovls","some addr ", "more stuff" "ssss@email.com","arovls","some addr", "sss" "edx@email.com","arovls","some addr", "sssdfvv" "ssss@a55.com","arovls","some addr", "lsdsdgf" "ssss@0234.com","aro vls","123 Main", "lSdfv" I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erniel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 2 lines

Hello, I want to combine 2 lines in one I have a text file example: bla123 blo31 xx:yy:zz ->bla43 bli532 00:01:02 bla1237 blo351 aa:ss:dd ->bla433 bli34332 55:10:28 I want the result to be: bla123 blo31 xx:yy:zz, ->bla43 bli532 00:01:02 bla1237 blo351 aa:ss:dd, ->bla433 bli34332... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Petko Meshov
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I combine 2 lines into one?

Hi, I have a file like this: A 1 B 2 C 3 ... And I want to have just one line like this: A 1 B 2 C 3 ... How can I do it? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elsagarcia
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 lines

All, i am new to linux script... source Filter: vlan281-BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 Filter: vlan282-BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 Filter: vlan2828-BUM-5M Filter:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine lines in file

Hi All, I am trying to understand if its possible to carry out the following. I have a text file which contains output from multiple commands, within the file a node will be quiered twice if there was 2 commands for example. Is it possible do combine 2 lines into 1 if the first word is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines if fields match in lines

In the awk below, what I am attempting to do is check each line in the tab-delimeted input, which has ~20 lines in it, for a keyword SVTYPE=Fusion. If the keyword is found I am splitting $3 using the . (dot) and reading the portion before and after the dot in an array a. If it does have that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Devel::CallTrace(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Devel::CallTrace(3pm)

NAME
Devel::CallTrace - See what your code's doing SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl -d:CallTrace package foo; sub bar { print "bar "; baz(); } sub baz { print "boo "; } foo::bar(); RATIONALE
There are a number of perl modules in the CPAN that are designed to trace a program's execution as it runs. Each uses a different trick to do its job, but none of them quite met my needs. The technique this module uses is quite simple and seems to be quite robust. DB::sub perl will automatically call DB::sub on each subroutine call and leave it up to us to dispatch to where we want to go. Devel::CallTrace::called This routine is called with two parameters: DEPTH The integer "depth" that this call is being called at. PARAMS A reference to the routine's @INC To get at the subroutine that was being called, have a look at $DB::sub BUGS
It uses the debugger. How could it not have bugs? SEE ALSO
perldebguts, DB, a licensed therapist. trace - Uses source filters. Scares me. Devel::TraceCalls - Very robust API. The code seems to do all sorts of scary magic Debug::Trace - Uses symbol table magic to wrap your functions. Devel::TRaceFuncs - Requires developers to instrument their source files. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 Jesse Vincent <jesse@bestpractical.com> This module may be redistributed under the same terms as perl itself perl v5.10.1 2008-07-07 Devel::CallTrace(3pm)