Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: struct timespec in ANSI C
Top Forums Programming struct timespec in ANSI C Post 30781 by trido on Monday 28th of October 2002 04:53:49 AM
Old 10-28-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Perderabo
The only solaris 8 system that I have access to has no compiler, so I can't test this. But looking at the include files, <time.h> will include <sys/time_impl.h> depending on what symbols you set. <sys/time_impl.h> defines timespec.

My guess is that you are defining symbols that are removing non-posix and/or non-ansi-c definitions from the namespace. And the header files are not handling your selected options in a robust manner. If you are getting a compile error and you picked an legal combination of symbols, then the header files may have a minor bug. As a work-around, maybe you can define timespec in a typedef to silence the compiler.
Thanks for the advice Perderabo - I think you're right. I'm going through most of my definitions ATM to make sure there are no conflicts.

What makes me think you're right is that compiling without the '-Xc' switch (ANSI C conformance in Sun CC) leads to no warnings. Certainly an interesting one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

K&R vs. ANSI

To anyone that can answer this: Are the differences great between the ANSI and K&R standard? What are some of the major differences between them?? -REM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: REM
1 Replies

2. Programming

Ansi C

Dear All, I have to develope some C functions in Unix for a Magic program. The original MSE code which compiles the attached C program uses a +z option, but the cc compiler don't know this. The complete command in the compiler script is 'cc -c -Aa +z myfile.c'. The warning message is 'The -z... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankie
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

ansi problem

Hi! Can anyone help me with the problem i am having. Im new to hpux and i am trying to set up the programs i use. One such program is the irc client BitchX, ive ran it on several pc/sun boxes with no problems. On my c360 with an fx6 card and a eizo f56 17in monitor (1024x768 85hz vesa) the ansi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lewis
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

ANSI / C Compiler for HP-UX 11.11

Good Day I downloaded Server Evaluation copy of C/ANSI compiler, but when I try to compile a file with it, it gives me following error - (for HP-UX 11.11 v1 PA-RISC) Internal Error: Codeword file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd missing or empty. Detailed Errors are as follows Internal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unix_ANSI to PC-ANSI

I want to convert a file from Unix-ANSI to PC-ANSI format. How can i achieve that? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access a struct within a struct?

Can someone tell me how to do this? Just a thought that entered my mind when learning about structs. First thought was: struct one { struct two; } struct two { three; } one->two->three would this be how you would access "three"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unbelievable21
1 Replies

8. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

9. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

10. Programming

C fdopen with and without -ansi

I have very little experience with gcc compilation under different environments, so please bear with me. I carried over 20 years old project into Ubuntu 18.04, it has old style K&R parameters, no function declarations to speak of, many functions without return are not declared void, and on and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
8 Replies
ctypeslib(1)							   User Commands						      ctypeslib(1)

NAME
h2xml - convert header files to XML intermediates xml2py - convert XML intermediates to Python ctypes interface SYNOPSIS
h2xml includefile ... [options] -o outputxmlfile xml2py xmlfile ... [options] -o outputpyfile DESCRIPTION
ctypeslib is a Python code generator capable of converting C header files into xml files (using gccxml), and then converting the xmlfiles into Python modules which define a ctypes interface to the corresponding C library. Ctypeslib is not ctypes. Ctypes is included in Python 2.5+ and as an add-on for lower versions, while ctypeslib is a lesser known add-on written by the ctypes author. If you use ctypes a lot and are tired of setting argtypes and restype of the called functions, you should look into ctypeslib. Ctypeslib can also set up data types and structures from C header files automatically. h2xml and xml2py are the user interface scripts to ctypeslib. h2xml converts C header files into xml intermediates (using gccxml) and xml2py converts these intermediates to Python files. At the minimum, you can get automatic construction of the C types (structures, etc) in ctypes definitions. With extra options, macro definitions can be expanded and the output Python file can be automatically linked (using ctypes) to the corresponding C library. The briefest example is: h2xml header.h -o out_c.xml xml2py out_c.xml -o out_c.py To obtain preprocessor symbols, you must use the -c flag to h2xml. To automatically link to C libraries via ctypes, you muss pass the rel- evant libraries to xml2py with -l library.so. OPTIONS
h2xml options: -h, --help show brief help message -q, --quiet -D NAME[=VALUE] macros to define -U NAME macros to undefine -I DIRECTORY additional include directories -o XMLFILE XML output filename -c, --cpp-symbols try to find #define symbols - this may give compiler errors, so it's off by default. -k don't delete the temporary files created (useful for finding problems) xml2py options: -h, --help show this help message and exit -c include source file location in comments -d include docstrings containing C prototype and source file location -k TYPEKIND kind of type descriptions to include: d = #defines, e = enumerations, f = functions, s = structures, t = typedefs -l DLLS libraries to search for exported functions -o OUTPUT output filename (if not specified, standard output will be used) -r EXPRESSION regular expression for symbols to include (if neither symbols nor expressions are specified,everything will be included) -s SYMBOL symbol to include (if neither symbols nor expressions are specified,everything will be included) -v verbose output -w add all standard windows dlls to the searched dlls list -m module Python module(s) containing symbols which will be imported instead of generated --preload=DLL dlls to be loaded before all others (to resolve symbols) EXAMPLES
Please see /usr/share/doc/python-ctypeslib/examples.Debian for examples and explanation. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/python-ctypeslib/examples.Debian contains a brief tutorial on some key features Python docstrings (pydoc ctypeslib) Ctypeslib upstream is http://python.net/crew/theller/ctypes/ (see "Related Projects"). For ctypes information, see http://docs.python.org/library/ctypes.html AUTHOR
ctypeslib was written by Thomas Heller <theller@ctypes.org>. This manual page was written by Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). ctypeslib March 2010 ctypeslib(1)