Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions mapping FTP site as local drive Post 30718 by LivinFree on Friday 25th of October 2002 04:08:39 PM
Old 10-25-2002
Again, don't delude yourself, ProFtpd has it's share of holes as well. Only half-witted morons would place FTP in the middle of a couple of "non-rootable" super-dooper-secure boxes... I'm assuming it's running chroot()'d, but there's still problems with that.

And it is possible to sniff a switched network. It's called ARP cache poisoning, and if done correctly, you'll have no idea it's happening - until it's too late, of course.

And now you have a quick FTP server that's "redundant as hell", but originally it was "barely able to handle FTP"...

I think you're jerkin us around...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

percentage sign in a drive mapping ?

Good day all, I'm hoping someone can help me understand what the percentage sign is and does in mapping a drive to a server ? I provided the example for you. (ie \\server1\share%simon) thanks simon2000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
2 Replies

2. Solaris

OpenSolaris 2008.11 Hard Drive Device mapping

Dear Solaris Experts, I am a bit confused about OpenSolaris Hard Drive device mapping. On RedHat Linux based system, an IDE on first channel master drive is mapped as /dev/hda, first channel slave drive will be /dev/hdb, etc. For (Open)Solaris systems I found it as /dev/rdsk/c3d0p0 : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text file in Local Drive

Hi All, I am new in Shell Script. I have a ksh script running in the Unix Server and basically in that script I need to create a text file but the text file has to be generated in the local PC (the user computer such as in C:\ drive). I have no idea on how to do it and I need it pretty urgently.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yramli
2 Replies

4. Web Development

Creating a blog site on a local computer

Hello! I would like to create a blog website on a web domain of mine. The blog will be used for publishing economics-lated articles. I tried to use a few open source packages for blog creation (WorldPress, b2evolution, Movable type) which I wanted to test on a local computer before arranging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
5 Replies

5. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

configuring site-local IPv6 address

How do I configure site-local IPv6 address in HP-UX box? I can get link local IPv6 address automatically when I put IPv6 up. aps39-88-root# ifconfig lan0 inet6 up (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

drive mapping

What is the eqiuvalent of /dev/dsk/rdsk in linux vs Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
1 Replies

8. Debian

How to install package from local hard drive?

Hello, I want to install a .deb package which I already have on the hard drive. I have tried to edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the file but apt-get says it can't find it. The package is not in the Debian repository. Debian 6.0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping drive

please forgive me. i know this is unix forum. CIFS can map to shared windows folder. i just wonder if windows can map to unix shared folder. if yes, please enlight me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
5 Replies
FTP_GET_OPTION(3)							 1							 FTP_GET_OPTION(3)

ftp_get_option - Retrieves various runtime behaviours of the current FTP stream

SYNOPSIS
mixed ftp_get_option (resource $ftp_stream, int $option) DESCRIPTION
This function returns the value for the requested $option from the specified FTP connection. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $option - Currently, the following options are supported: Supported runtime FTP options +----------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | |FTP_TIMEOUT_SEC | | | | | | | Returns the current timeout used for network | | | related operations. | | | | | | | | FTP_AUTOSEEK | | | | | | | Returns TRUE if this option is on, FALSE other- | | | wise. | | | | +----------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
Returns the value on success or FALSE if the given $option is not supported. In the latter case, a warning message is also thrown. EXAMPLES
Example #1 ftp_get_option(3) example <?php // Get the timeout of the given FTP stream $timeout = ftp_get_option($conn_id, FTP_TIMEOUT_SEC); ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_set_option(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_GET_OPTION(3)