Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers links.... soft or hard.. not sure? Post 30673 by janr on Friday 25th of October 2002 03:12:16 AM
Old 10-25-2002
Indeed, you do not get back the original files, Tape backup?
it only restores the link.

for reading PDF files, you need a PDF reader for your platform.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links: (soft, hard? symbolic??) inode

Hi, what is link? and soft link? how about hard one and symbolic link. and inode. i get confuse about this links. could anyone help me with full explainsion? thks Gusla (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using find to locate hard and soft links with tar

I am digging for certain types of files in the current directory and all its sub-directories and archiving them with the following code: #! /usr/bin/ksh Archive=`date +%Y_%m_%d_%T` find . -type f \( -name \*\.ksh -o -name \*\.sql -o -name \*\.ini \) -print|xargs tar -cf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find all soft links in a directory

I need the command to find all soft links in a directory. Can someone please help. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgeo01
2 Replies

4. Programming

creating soft links

i'm trying to write a c code to copy a soft link over to a specified directory. Is it possible to do this without using symlink()? if so, what can I use? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

6. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple example for soft and hard links

Hai, give me a simple example for soft and hard links. this will work for soft link ?? ln -s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timestamp change for hard and soft links

Hi team, i am writing a purge script to delete softlinks and hardlinks on linux system which are 3/10/30 days old. To test the script i need to create links with old timestamp, i am able to cange timestamp for files but not for links. i tried touch -h option but this option is not available on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft links question

Hello. I have some main directories. For example : /main_dir1 /main_dir2In main_dir2, I have a sub dir named sub_dir2-1 with 2 files in it ( file_2-1, file_2-2 ) /main_dir2sub_dir2-1file_2-1 file_2-2From "/main_dir1/A/B/C" I make a soft link ln -s /main_dir2/sub_dir2-1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
gpdf(1) 							   User Commands							   gpdf(1)

NAME
gpdf - view PDF documents SYNOPSIS
gpdf [gnome-std-options] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The PDF Document Viewer application is based on xpdf. PDF Document Viewer provides viewing features such as panning, zoom in, zoom out, best fit, and fit width. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the to be . EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the PDF Document Viewer example% gpdf Example 2: Opening the Document test.pdf in PDF Document Viewer example% gpdf test.pdf ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of gpdf: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gpdf Executable for PDF Document Viewer. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
PDF Document Viewer Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Niall Power, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 1 Oct 2003 gpdf(1)