Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: forum rules
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators forum rules Post 30645 by norsk hedensk on Thursday 24th of October 2002 05:15:55 PM
Old 10-24-2002
hey thanks for the responce, i am really interested to hear all opinions, as i am sure otheres are aswell.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

suggested addition to forum rules

Possible new rule for the "forum rules" list: <UL> <LI>Include as many pertinent details as possible in your post. Useful information usually includes: Vendor and version of Unix you are using, hardware platform, kernel version (if applicable). For hardware related questions include model... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PxT
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Forum rules

After reading the FAQ for the first time, I noticed Rule # 14 : :D:D:D Anyways, I hope to make more use of this forum in future, and also to help others. Regards Ook. :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Librarian
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

I want to consult about 4th of Forum Rules

Hi, Admin, because my English is very poor, So I don't understand very well about 4th of Forum Rules, that is “Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post”. My question is: if I created a new thread, and some people reply... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weichanghe2000
3 Replies
io_wait(3)						     Library Functions Manual							io_wait(3)

NAME
io_wait - wait for events SYNTAX
#include <io.h> void io_wait(); DESCRIPTION
io_wait() checks the descriptors that the program is interested in to see whether any of them are ready. If none of them are ready, io_wait() tries to pause until one of them is ready, so that it does not take time away from other programs running on the same computer. io_wait pays attention to timeouts: if a descriptor reaches its timeout, and the program is interested in reading or writing that descrip- tor, io_wait will return promptly. Under some circumstances, io_wait will return even though no interesting descriptors are ready. Do not assume that a descriptor is ready merely because io_wait has returned. io_wait is not interrupted by the delivery of a signal. Programs that expect interruption are unreliable: they will block if the same sig- nal is delivered a moment before io_wait. The correct way to handle signals is with the self-pipe trick. SEE ALSO
io_waituntil(3), io_check(3), io_wantread(3), io_wantwrite(3), io_fd(3) io_wait(3)