Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers a simple isdn-releted question Post 30636 by RTM on Thursday 24th of October 2002 04:06:48 PM
Old 10-24-2002
Try this link at fokus.gmd.de. It will probably give you enough info to get it going.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple question?

I've been a Linux user for quite some time, started out with Red Hat and Mandrake, and just recently moved to Slackware linux.... my question is this: Is there a big difference between Linux and Unix? If so, what? I was just looking at Sun's Solaris 8 thats free for download on Intel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cuthbert
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISDN on Linux..will it work?

Hi everyone! I going to change from a 56k modem to a ISDN connection and was wondering if this will work under Linux and what i would need to get it up and running ? (on Mandrake 8.0).. thanx in advance.. grtz phaelanx :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaelanx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a simple question

I have a problem, why should root access only be provided from a login on the console, and why should a user be forced to use "su" command to perform system maintenance, rather than logging in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnxi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

5. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Question

If given some output such as: "I'm having a senior moment" How do you print the last six characters to the screen? I'm thinking with awk or sed but can't remember how. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stepnkev
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Question

Hi Guys, I've been learning UNIX for the past couple of days and I came across this exercise, I can't get my head around it, so I would be ever so grateful if I could receive some sort of help or direction with this. Create a file with x amount of lines in it, the content of your choice. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aforball
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Question

Hi, Please don't berate me over the simplicity of these questions. I have recently gotten into bash shell scripting and enjoy it quite a bit. One thing I have not found the answer to though is when naming a shell script, what extension is normally used (ie myscript.?)? Also where is the standard... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question

Sorry for stupid question, but why this script gives that output? $ awk 'BEGIN { well=56789; print 1234$well }' 1234 I expected 123456789 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: silyin
9 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					WWW::RobotRules(3)

NAME
WWW::RobotsRules - Parse robots.txt files SYNOPSIS
require WWW::RobotRules; my $robotsrules = new WWW::RobotRules 'MOMspider/1.0'; use LWP::Simple qw(get); $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $robotsrules->parse($url, $robots_txt); $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $robotsrules->parse($url, $robots_txt); # Now we are able to check if a URL is valid for those servers that # we have obtained and parsed "robots.txt" files for. if($robotsrules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses a /robots.txt file as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", described in <http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to disallow conforming robots access to parts of their web site. The parsed file is kept in the WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can parse multiple /robots.txt files. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File libwww-perl-5.65 2001-04-20 WWW::RobotRules(3)