Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk utility
Top Forums Programming awk utility Post 3058 by alwayslearningunix on Tuesday 19th of June 2001 05:13:17 AM
Old 06-19-2001
p.s you may need to modify the $ statement to print in the awk command to suit it to your system (most systems will list the username under the first column which is $1, and then the PID under second column which is $2 etc)

Smilie
alwayslearningunix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What utility do I use for this?

I want to pull out the 3rd column of information and stick in a file. What is the Utility I use to do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: James
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK utility

Hi, Can anyone explain me the use of awk with example in a brief? I heared that it's a language but how it's useful in unix and how to use it in shell script. Thanks in advance. Malay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace paste utility with sed/awk

hi I have two file that I would like to paste line by line. I use to use paste for this. But my current platform will not have paste utility. Could anyone please suggest how I it can be done using sed,awk or even simple bourne shell scripts? Thanks Sabina (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssayeed
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unknown utility

Hi everyone, I am a beginner in Linux and Shell scripting.I am migrating a couple of shell scripts from Solaris platform to Linux platform.In one script i saw a usage as : /base/article/ocilib/lobfile $username/$password $filename $filepath I didn't understand what this represents.The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

5. AIX

Help with nmon utility

We have processes that run on our AIX box that sometimes run away and end up consuming 99% of the CPU. I'd like to create a script that would attempt to monitor when this happens and send an email alert with the PID and CPU %. Has anyone done such a thing? I know that you can run the nmon output to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

utility

hi experts, Can you please help me out in removing delimiters with in double quotes from a CSV file. input: ===== a,"bnn,",dgd, "sagfh,dj",ad output ===== a,"bnn",dgd, "sagfhdj",ad there are so mnay fileds in a row and there are millions of rows. Thanks in an advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total of 5th column using awk or any other utility in UNIX??

Hi I have this file which contains Al,AADESH,id1_0,23,2013-01-28,2,2 Al,AADESH,id1_0,23,2013-01-29,4,4 Al,AADESH,id1_0,23,2013-01-30,2,1 Al,AADESH,id1_0,31,2013-01-29,1,1 Al,AESH,id1_0,31,2013-01-31,2,2 Al,AESH,id2_2,23,2013-01-29,1,1 Al,AESH,id2_2,31,2013-01-31,1,1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Expect Utility

Hi aLL, I have a requirement where in i need to read the file from while loop as shown in the code below while read line do command $line done < list.txt But after every command it asks if i want to really go ahead with the execution since there are several other lines in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)