Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users find a file or directory under public_html Post 30523 by vikas_sri on Wednesday 23rd of October 2002 12:07:11 PM
Old 10-23-2002
You can try

(find / -name filename > /dev/tty) >& /dev/null

This will avoid error messages to be printed on screen.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod for public_html ?

Hello! My web host has the public_html permission on my account set to 750. 1. Does this setting permit the world to use my submission forms (contained within contact.html and purchase_order.html)? 2. The "0" entry looks like it blocks the public from conducting all activity on my site.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texan
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

3. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file in a directory

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that search file in folder. I got problems with selecting specific file from the list of the files. when I runing the script I get a list of files instead of one specific file. I'm new with linux :) #!/bin/bash FILE=false ISFOUND=false while getopts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SimonBASH
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Granting user permission for public_html

I have problem giving user access to his public_html directory. While when I am logged as root I can access my files by going to www.myserver.com/file.htmlwhere file.html is actually on this path... var/www/file.htmlBut when user tries to access his file.html on this path.... ~user/file.html it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file directory

Hi, I am using the below command for searching the file var_SearchFile= find $var_DataSourcePath -name $var_SourceFileName Output: c:\test\Sample\Testfile.txt But I need to retrive only the Path that is "c:\test\Sample\" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: magesh_bala
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file only from a Directory

Hi, I am using the below query to find files from a Directory: SOURCE_DIR--Directory Files in the Directory: ABC.log XYZ.out The SOURCE_DIR has subdirectory.... when i use the below command... find /apps/informatica/node1/scripts/test '(' -name '*.log' -o -name '*.out'... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot find file directory

hi, i use command at below to copy the file and put it in the new file (if no such file, it will create right ) cat id_rsa.pub >>~/.ssh/authorized_keys it give me error bash: /home/pc2/.ssh/authorized_keys : No such file or directory can anyone tell me why this happened ? thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ericyue
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a pattern from an external file in a directory containing multiple file recursively

Hi, Need your help in this. I have an input file that has multiple enrollment_number, somewhat like 1234567 8901234 9856321 6732187 7623465 Now i have to search and delete these enrollment_number recursively from all the files that are within multiple sub-directories of a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find and get a file in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified?

How to get a file 'zlib.h' in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified lives under that starting directory by using find command, as it failed on: $ find . -name 'zlib.h' -a -ipath 'CHROME.TMP' -prune -o -print it'll just list entirely up (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
FTPCHROOT(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      FTPCHROOT(5)

NAME
ftpchroot -- list users and groups subject to FTP access restrictions DESCRIPTION
The file ftpchroot is read by ftpd(8) at the beginning of an FTP session, after having authenticated the user. Each line in ftpchroot corre- sponds to a user or group. If a line in ftpchroot matches the current user or a group he is a member of, access restrictions will be applied to this session by changing its root directory with chroot(2) to that specified on the line or to the user's login directory. The order of records in ftpchroot is important because the first match will be used. Fields on each line are separated by tabs or spaces. The first field specifies a user or group name. If it is prefixed by an ``at'' sign, '@', it specifies a group name; the line will match each user who is a member of this group. As a special case, a single '@' in this field will match any user. A username is specified other- wise. The optional second field describes the directory for the user or each member of the group to be locked up in using chroot(2). Be it omit- ted, the user's login directory will be used. If it is not an absolute pathname, then it will be relative to the user's login directory. If it contains the /./ separator, ftpd(8) will treat its left-hand side as the name of the directory to do chroot(2) to, and its right-hand side to change the current directory to afterwards. FILES
/etc/ftpchroot EXAMPLES
These lines in ftpchroot will lock up the user ``webuser'' and each member of the group ``hostee'' in their respective login directories: webuser @hostee And this line will tell ftpd(8) to lock up the user ``joe'' in /var/spool/ftp and then to change the current directory to /joe, which is rel- ative to the session's new root: joe /var/spool/ftp/./joe And finally the following line will lock up every user connecting through FTP in his respective ~/public_html, thus lowering possible impact on the system from intrinsic insecurity of FTP: @ public_html SEE ALSO
chroot(2), group(5), passwd(5), ftpd(8) BSD
January 26, 2003 BSD