Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Compare Shareware??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Compare Shareware?? Post 305 by tonyo61 on Tuesday 21st of November 2000 12:05:23 PM
Old 11-21-2000
I have been recruited to build a NOC for a startup company. My job consists of intervewing vendors and their products for monitoring the network and our systems. Problem being is that we will not be making a decision right away on what we will be bringing aboard and I need to be frugal (did I say that it's a startup company??). The most immediate need is for a package that can do a file level binary compare on Unix boxes on a Solaris OS. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also looking for system monitoring vendors...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free Shareware for UNix.

Hello Guys, Just started with unix. I need it to keep my job. I need a free downloadable Unix simulator to use. I already have a unix material i'm reading. Any ideas. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwegbue3
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shareware with the -B and -A grep fuctionality

Hi, Can anyone help me or tell me how I can get a unix shareware that will allow me use grep with the following flags -A and -B. the version of Unix we have dont have this. I am doing a grep on a log to capture any error but I want what is returend to be more meaningful. Thanks Amen. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aasemota
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check File Exists and compare to previous day file script

We have data files that are ftp'd every morning to a SUN server. The file names are exactly the same except for that each has the date included in its name. I have to write script to do 2 things: STEP 1) Verify that the file arrived in morning. STEP 2) Compare the file size of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to grep a pattern from file compare contents with another file and replace

Hi All, Need help on this I have 2 files one file file1 which has several entries as : define service{ hostgroup_name !host1,!host5,!host6,.* service_description check_nrpe } define service{ hostgroup_name !host2,!host4,!host6,.* service_description check_opt } another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namitai
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and create a result file with unmatched lines from first file.?

HI, I have 2 text files. file1 and file2. file1.txt (There are no duplicates in this file) 1234 3232 4343 3435 6564 6767 1213 file2.txt 1234,wq,wewe,qwqw 1234,as,dfdf,dfdf 4343,asas,sdds,dsds 6767,asas,fdfd,fdffd I need to search each number in file1.txt in file2.txt's 1st... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
cmstopres(1m)															     cmstopres(1m)

NAME
cmstopres - stops resource monitoring on the local node for an EMS resource that is configured in a Serviceguard package. SYNOPSIS
cmstopres [-v] -p package_name resource_name DESCRIPTION
cmstopres stops resource monitoring for an EMS resource on the local node. This resource must be configured in the specified package_name. To stop a resource monitoring for an EMS resource in the package, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m) or cmmakepkg(1m). Options cmstopres supports the following options. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -p package_name The name of the package where the EMS resource is configured in. This is a required parameter. resource_name Name of the EMS resource to stop resource monitoring for. This resource must be configured in the specified package name. This is a required parameter. RETURN VALUE
cmstopres returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To stop resource monitoring for the EMS resource /net/interfaces/lan/status/lan0 for package pkgA, do the following: cmstopres -p pkgA /net/interfaces/lan/status/lan0 AUTHOR
cmstopres was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmstartres(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmstopres(1m)