Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Any URL'S for free Unix Download Post 30477 by norsk hedensk on Tuesday 22nd of October 2002 05:36:00 PM
Old 10-22-2002
i know there is a website that lists all websites of linux and other unix distros, but i dont have the link. offhand there is,
suse.com
redhat.com
freebsd.org
netbsd.org
openbsd.org
also check out linux.com
umm thats all i can think of now, hope that helps some.
also search the forums for your question becausei know that where i saw the website i was talking about was in theses forums.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I have not c compile environment ,i can download it but it ends with *.gz,so i can't

I need for help . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsun5
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix ISO's for FTP, I've searched the other Posts

Where Do I download Unix ISO's for free? I have searched this database for other related posts, but to no avail. All I need is this info, and I don't want Linux; just a Unix site. Please and thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killrazor
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memory free up using 'find'

Hi, I am facing an interesting aspect of find command... to be clear, we are running a small web server with oracle 8i database and Oralce9iAS on Sun E250 with Solaris 2.6 Over a period of time, the free memory ( displayed in 'top' utility ) drops down.. we could relate this to dedicated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

it's free ????????

is solirs free or lindows and were to download it? i have a x86 p500 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Coomand to download from HTTP(URL)

Hi, What is the UNIX command to download a file or data from HTTP location. CURL(Linux) did not work. Thank You (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skm123
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to download this free Unix database

Hi Folks, I was looking around some web sites and found out that there is/was this free databse for Unix called RDB by Walter Hobbs, which uses ASCII text files for its databases and uses Unix commands to manipulate them. Unfortunately, I can no longer access the ftp site mentioned on the web... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooseter
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL download checking

Hi all, I have a url and i am using wget to load files from the url. but i requirement is if need to validate whether that downloading process done properly not. if that has any expcetion i need to seed mails. otherwise i will processed please help me on this. Thanks, Baski (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baskivs
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download and Untar any URL

Hi, I am trying to make a flexible bash script which does the following: Downloads a URL from a variable Unzips it Deletes the original archive The problem is, the format could be .tar, .tar.gz etc, it wont be constant. This is what I have currently: #!/bin/bash dl_dir="/opt" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spadez
1 Replies
NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
netdisco-mibs-download - Downloader for the Netdisco MIB bundle VERSION
This document refers to version 1.0700 of netdisco-mibs-download DESCRIPTION
Run this program to download the Netdisco MIB files bundle from Sourceforge. If the download is successful, you can run the netdisco-mibs- install program to unpack and install them. If the download fails, you can visit the Netdisco Sourceforge downloads page, details of which are given by this program on failure, and get the bundle yourself. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the environment variable "MIBS_DEBUG" to a true value will display information about failed mirror site downloads. EXIT CODES
0 - Successful download 1 - Failed download, possibly no available mirror 2 - Program must be run as root, and you are not root 3 - Error regarding the download directory AUTHOR
Oliver Gorwits "<oliver@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) The University of Oxford 2007. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA perl v5.14.2 2012-08-15 NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)